1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics-Signal_Generator

Discussion in 'C' started by sujan.dasmahapatra, Oct 23, 2009.

1. sujan.dasmahapatra

sujan.dasmahapatra Member

Friends
    I am full-time programmer of VC++. I am going to start a project where I have to develop an audio-visual interactive Electronics Signal-Generator for an Aerospace company avionics the software should be PC based. I have never done any audio interactive software before, I am familiar with GUI based VC++ softwares. Is this an embedded programming so called. I am completely ignorant about audio-interaction and embedded programming. Can anyone give me some suggestions.

For different signals at different frequencies I need to generate different sounds like beep kind of but they should be all distiinct. Is this an embedded programming called ?
    Please guide me someone how would I start this project. Is it possible to do using VC++. I am familiar with CC++/VC++. I need visual interaction also.
    Any help would be highly appreciated !
    Thanks
    sujan dasmahapatra

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    No, this is not embedded programming. That is where you write the firmware for a small platform. What you are doing is application programming.

3. sujan.dasmahapatra

sujan.dasmahapatra Member

so in VC++ audio sound generation is possible ! Or would I need to bind it some other toolkit from within VC++. I want audio interaction different sounds for when selecting different frequencies ! Is that possible in VC++, if so how !