Creating redirect and form for labels.

Discussion in 'ASP' started by kseanng, Nov 26, 2009.

1. kseanng

kseanng New Member

hello all,

This is my first web application and I am not a programmer. I am just a computer tech that is trying to automate a process for my department. I have several questions hopefully you guys or gals can point me in the right direction. I am creating a web application using IIS 7.0 as the webserver with access database soon to be converted to SQL as the database. The interface consists of asp.net and html code which i basically researched and did a cut and paste. Of course I customized it to my department needs.

1) How do i secure my pages so my techs won't bypass the login page and go straight to the link? I know I need some sort of redirect code that points them back to the login.asp page. When I get the code should I put it on every page?

2) I need to create a form or manpiulate my current form page to print avery labels. Example my techs currently enter their data into an excel spreadsheet and they have a mail merge that puts all that data into a label form. All they have to do is print the labels and stick it on the boxes. How can I put that on my web application? I want

2. kseanng

kseanng New Member

i got the first question answered.

thanks,