How to creat a scrollbar??

Talks_44's Avatar, Join Date: Sep 2007
Go4Expert Member
i m about designing my personal page and i'd like to know if there's anyway i can create a scrollbar between a <div> tag using CSS??

is there anyway i can use only arrows?? (transparent scroll only arrows that shows)

thank you
jwshepherd's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2007
Team Leader
not sure about transparent scrollbar but you can make it the same color as the background or create a flash one.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
If you specify the div height and if your content in the div is of more height than the specified height there will be a scrollbar automatically.
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwshepherd
not sure about transparent scrollbar but you can make it the same color as the background or create a flash one.
I am interested in that kind of scroolbar, like in winamp, when you have the chance to chage the backgraound in transparent.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir
If you specify the div height and if your content in the div is of more height than the specified height there will be a scrollbar automatically.
So it's possible..thx..!!
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks_44
So it's possible..thx..!!
Yes very much. Check out some of the articles where you have code snippets of more than 30-35 lines like in Form validation with PHP & JavaScript
Banned
You can use CSS to create a scrollable box. Consider this source code:

<div style="width: 190px; height: 190px; overflow: auto; padding: 5px">
content in here
</div>