Crack MD5 Hashes Online

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by L4N, Jun 18, 2009.

1. L4N

L4N New Member

All of you ethical hackers out there might enjoy this one. And please excuse me if the is the wrong section, but I thought I would share this with you and it seemed appropriate. If you scan your password hashes here and they can be decrypted, it might be time to start looking into salting your hashes.

This is a web site that allows users to do reverse MD5 Hash look ups in order to try and crack them. The database for the site contains over 170 million pre-computed hashes that can be searched in under a second.

More info from the site:
    The site is easy to use. Hashes can be submitted with a click of a button and a response will be generated and returned virtually instantly.

Link:

If the site does decrypt your hashes, google salting MD5 hashes. This is a method to help protect your sensitive data. I would provide you all with a link, but for some reason this forum doesn't like links in their threads.

Hope this is a decent first post :D

2. L4N

L4N New Member

Link to the site: world wide web dot netmd5crack dot com