problems with C++ and libxml on Windows

Discussion in 'C++' started by eleonora087, Aug 24, 2009.

1. eleonora087

eleonora087 New Member

Hi there.
    I'm italian (so, sorry for my bad english) and I'm new to this forum.

I wanted to ask you a question. Your answer will help me with my thesis, so, thank you!!
    I'm writing an interface for a robotic wheelchair controlled by a BCI system. The problem is: the interface is running on Ubuntu, and the BCI system used is based on windows. I exported the classes that are related to the BCI system, but I've a serious problem with XML! I mean: when I try to open an XML file the program crashes. This is the code:

Code:
    #include <libxml/tree.h>
    #include <libxml/parser.h>
        xmlDocPtr     XMLdocument;
        const char*   fileName = "myDestinations.xml";

XMLdocument = xmlReadFile (fileName, NULL, 0);

if (XMLdocument == NULL)
           cout << "Failed to open file!\n";
    Now, I'm using the Dev-C++ compiler (that is ok with the other libraries). It hasn't the XML libraries installed, so I took the libraries package, "LibXML2 for dev-c++", and I installed it. It didn't work, so I took also iconv and zlib libraries. In this case the compiler made the executable file, but when I press "Run", the window "Windows has encountered a problem blah blah blah" appears. I made a debug of the code, and I noticed that it crashes when I write the "xmlReadFile" instruction.

Do you have any ideas about the problem? Or if I can find other libraries?
    Thank you in advance!

Eleonora

2. it career

it career New Member

Web Designing
    Home Page:
    http://ijug.net/
    Download source code and compile it in windows, if you cannot search for a windows xml library.