CPanel vs Plesk

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by qogpgpls, Jun 2, 2011.

1. qogpgpls

qogpgpls New Member

What do you consider a better software? Plesk or CPanel. Which one do you use often?

I use CPanel most often and I am very experienced towards it. Plesk is pretty good, it was the first software i ever used for managing my paid sites. In General, I would say CPanel is better since its much easier to use and customize.

Thanks in advance for your ideas

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Plesk is complete piece of junk as far as I know because you have too little control over your box as a whole from command line. Say you want to restart Apache and you should not be doing outside the interface of plesk and if you try you are bound to crash your box. Plesk itself runs on Apache and so everything you want to be doing in command line has to be done using Plesk which is hell lot tougher.

3. greg23

greg23 New Member

For me, My vote goes to cPanel. My clients prefer cpanel over plesk. They find it more userfriendly and appealing. First impression counts more. With the wide adoption of cPanel, it is easy to migrate cPanel accounts. i.e. if I would want to migrate a group of accounts to another server, it can be done easily.

4. jeremyc

jeremyc New Member

Sales & Marketing
    Well there are some glitches in Plesk which are also carry forwarded with new version. Also their support help desk is not so active like cPanel. I think if you are using Windows platform then you will have to try cPanel's Encompass control panel.

5. jhonden

jhonden New Member

I don't understand the both. can someone will make me understand.

6. jeremyc

jeremyc New Member

Sales & Marketing
    jhonden if you elaborate which part you don't understand, then it would be easy for us to give you specific information.

7. GreenLionNet

GreenLionNet New Member

Well its similar to choose between iOS and Android. No doubt, I would choose cPanel control panel. This is best control panel with best user interface and much user friendly.

8. gamemaster

gamemaster New Member

Depending on the website you are hosting actually but i would always recommend Cpanel simply because its easy to use.
    Best of luck

9. persysweb

persysweb Member

Home Page:
    httpS://persys.in/
    If you are familiar with Linux platform and would like to develop the websites in php, html then go with cPanel. It is easy to use and user friendly too.

If you'd like to use windows operating system with languages like dot net then you will need to go with plesk platform.

Actually plesk panel has more attractive interface but cPanel is more popular with lots of features. You can try the trial version of plesk and cPanel. So it's your decision. :)

10. William9

William9 Member

Home Page:
    http://www.host.co.in/
    Plesk vs cPanel:

Out of the box, Plesk and cPanel both provide users with the same primary features for server and account management. Both can be used to configure DNS settings, manage email accounts, run FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and manage databases. Although it is possible to add extra apps to cPanel, Plesk comes with support for more useful apps and extensions straight from the box.