Coursework on threads and arrays

Discussion in 'C' started by liverpoolrock, Dec 31, 2006.

1. liverpoolrock

liverpoolrock New Member

Hi

IM currently doing my coursework and am very stuck. It is on C programming and the basic idea it

to sort a sequence of non negative integers into ascending order. But u are meant 2 do this by

finding the small integer using a 2d array to proccess binary representations of the integers.

We are told the algorithm to use and have to create it. Basically it says 1st convert each

integer into its equivalent binary representation. i have done this part. the nxt part is where

i get stuck. it says makes a single pass of all the binary representations through a

2dimensional array. also i have to use threads for this as well. then for the last part I just

have to convert the binary representations back into its equivelanet integers.

Also for the 2nd part I am given some diagrams which shows how the binary numbers would b passed

thru the arrays. I would really appreciate if some1 could give me a hand on how to get started

with that part cause the threads really confuse me.

thanks a lot.

2. DaWei

DaWei New Member

Semi-retired EE
    Home Page:
    http://www.daweidesigns.com
    The first thing you should realize is that integers are stored as binary representations. So is everything else in your machine. If you have been instructed to convert them into a textual representation that "looks" like a binary number, then that's a cow with different spots, and an unnecessary difficulty.

The second thing is that I'm sorry you're on a 9600 baud modem for your internet access. I can't think of any other good reason for indulging in AOL/1337 lazy-speak/spelling in a forum where communication, syntax, and semantics are extremely important.