Coordinates from Image File

Discussion in 'Win32' started by dkaksl, Aug 19, 2011.

1. dkaksl

dkaksl Guest

Hello!

I'm working on a line-tracer robot, and I was wondering if it was possible to make a program that gets the coordinates of a given point on a map by clicking on it. I was thinking like, if I make the background of the application window in VB the image file of the map, it could somehow display coordinates... but my skill with VB right now is like, creating a button and a text-box pop-up.

Any guidance or pointing me towards tutorials/wikipedia articles appreciated.

2. thediamondsaint

thediamondsaint New Member

This seems to be a win32 programming thread. Not .NET or VB.
    There is an extreme difference on how you would do it in each one.

Just make a control that has that image as the background, then use the mouse functionality to find the location of the mouse on the control upon click.

You could do something to the sort using the MouseMove event handler ( I believe it's called ). Just get the coordinates of the mouse inside the control and you'd have a coordinate system in your map.

3. dkaksl

dkaksl Guest

Wow, thanks. I am not working on that project any more, but I'll give it a try.