Communication between applications / Datagrid

Discussion in 'MFC' started by devwdapi, Jun 5, 2009.

1. devwdapi

devwdapi New Member

Hi all,

I’m making an application which must access data in the windows of other applications (applications made by other companies).
    To find the window of the other applications I find the ‘Handle’ which allow Microsoft Windows to identify all the elements existing in the interface.

My problem is that I can not access data available in components like dataGrid, stringGrid, … where MS Windows only see one handle of one window for the whole set of elements in the dataGrid.

I use the software ‘Greatis Windowse’ to identify the ‘handle’ of each element (where I can see the class of the elements too). For example I can easily identify all elements : the application main window, the text field, the button, ...

So I can easily retrieve the text in the text areas and force the click of the buttons [with PostMessage(TheHandle,WM_LBUTTONDOWN,MK_LBUTTON,0)]

But with the same functions when I want to know information about the stingGrid, I have only one handle which identify the object in its whole entirety (whatever the part of the object I ask).

How can I retrieve data in a cell of a datagrid ? Any idea is welcome.

Regards,

DevWDApi