How to Find Right Child Window handle of an application with multiple Child Windows

Discussion in 'Win32' started by imported_hypheni, Jun 24, 2010.

1. imported_hypheni

imported_hypheni New Member

I'm trying to get the child window handle of an application window. First I'm catching the application window handle with FindWindow and then for Child window taking this HWND as the parent window. Now I need to catch the particular child window handle with specified name. Suppose the application has more than 10-20 child window and most of these has grand child and so on. So If I want to compare my given window name with all these and return the specified window handle what will be the code. Im thinking about EnumChildWindows but that does not return and window handle. If I'm wrong please clarify me.

2. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

Re: How to Find Right Child Window handle of an application with multiple Child Windo

EnumChildWindows is the right way and the callback function is where you will get the handle.