Charset convertion of text whose charset is Unknown.

Discussion in 'Perl' started by mohiddinb, Jan 8, 2008.

1. mohiddinb

mohiddinb New Member

Hi,

Here i got a Big problem i am in a situation where i need to convert the Text Charset is Unknown.

I need to process a XML request which uses HTTP Protocol and need to process the data coming in that XML request and i should display them in the browser in my appliaction the browser charset and encoding are set to UTF-8 when ever i got the non utf-8 character the problem of MALFORMED CHArs is rising.
    To avoid this we need to covert the charset of the requested data to utf-8 but to do so the SOURCE charset must be known but here we unable to know the SOURCER charset.

I had gone through most of the modules and fuctions but every module and function needs the source charset and destination charsets must be specified.

Can any body suggest me a module or method or a function any thing by means of which we can conevert the charset of a text whose siource charset is unknown, then this will be most helpful to me.

Thanks in Advance,
    Mohiddin Baig.

2. pradeep

pradeep Team Leader

Programmer
    Home Page:
    http://blog.pradeep.net.in
  3. mohiddinb

mohiddinb New Member

Thank you Pradeep
    Thanks a lot i will let you if this will meet my need or not once i checked it.

Any how thanks for your HELP.

Thanks,
    Mohiddin.