How Does C# Compare To The Rest?

idontknow87's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2007
Newbie Member
Hi,

I'm trying to learn how to create desktop software applications. Yes, a total programming newbie

I'm trying to figure out how to design application windows, application menus, how to build window menus and so on. I'm trying to decide upon a programming language to learn.

I'm looking for a programming language that is not too difficult to learn, but that I will not be limited in.

In other words, once I learn the language, I want to be able to do everything I think up with it. Sure I might need to learn complimentary languages, like MySQL, XML, etc...

But I want to eventually (notice I said 'eventually') create complex desktop apps as quickly and easily as possible without limits

Is C# that language? Or might another language better fit what I'm looking for?

idontknow87
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Nope you have choosen the best among the lot and I would vote for C# only.
rhaazy's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2007
Go4Expert Member
Agreed, I basically learned all I know about application development from working with C#, .NET, VS2003/2005. While I regret not having a broad understand of "programming", I will admit that I have been easily able to learn all that is required of me, and documentation is easy to find for just about anything you could ever want to do.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
And then you have the option of discussing the thing you are having problem here. hehe
rhaazy's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2007
Go4Expert Member
Yes, there its a lot of online help with .NET, C# development from places like google groups, and a multitude of different developer forums.