Bitmap display probelm.

hemanth.balaji's Avatar, Join Date: May 2005
Go4Expert Member
Hello,
This is Bob from Bangalore, India. I have a doubt . I have a logo . I wanna display it in the project I

made. But it is not happening. It worked ina a simple window program. But when I ported the same code in the

below application which is available in the site it gives me a probelm. Please lemme know what is the probelm.

The filename is within the zip file namely s2.bmp.

http://www.geocities.com/kalamirch/Backend2.zip

Thanking you,
Bob
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Hello Bob

If you can put the code that is giving you the problem then I think we can help you out. Looking through all the code is a bit of difficult for us to understand the problem area.

Code:
s_hBitmap = LoadBitmap(GetModuleHandle(NULL),MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_SIEMENS));
if(s_hBitmap == NULL)
	MessageBox(hwnd, "Could Not load the logo", "Error", MB_OK | MB_ICONEXCLAMATION);
As it does not show the message box you are clearly loading the bitmap correctly but its just the display or paint that needs to be handled correctly.

Thanks
Shabbir Bhimani
Go4Expert Member
See dude. When i used the same code in the above program how come that the image is showing. Why is it not showing in the above program. I think its hidden
Go4Expert Member
Hi shabbir. It kinda worked when i put

BitBlt( hdc, 400, 30, bm.bmWidth, bm.bmHeight, hdcMem, 0, 0, SRCCOPY);

. The image was kinda hidden from the controls . I cud see it roughly as a line. What I want to do is display it on the controls I.E ON THE TABCONTROL OR THE TOOLBAR IN THE RIGHT TOP CORNER
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
See dude. When i used the same code in the above program how come that the image is showing. Why is it not showing in the above program. I think its hidden
What do you mean by its showing in the above program and also hidden in the above program.
Go4Expert Member
I am sorry dude. Typing mistake. What i meant is when i made the following changes in the zipped file found in the url above

the image was showing (u could see a light line in the coordinates 400,30) I am sure its because the image is on the window but hidden by toolbar & tab control. Its behind hem. How do i put it on the toolbar or in the right hand top such that its on the menu bar.
Go4Expert Founder
If you want to change the zorder of any control use the SetWindowPos function. It changes the size, position, and Z order of a child, pop-up, or top-level window.
Go4Expert Member
case WM_PAINT:
{
BITMAP bm; //BITMAP structure defines the type, width, height, color format, and bit values of a bitmap.
PAINTSTRUCT ps;

HDC hdc = BeginPaint(hwnd, &ps);
HDC hdcMem = CreateCompatibleDC(hdc);

HBITMAP hbmOld = (HBITMAP) SelectObject(hdcMem, s_hBitmap);

GetObject(s_hBitmap,sizeof(bm), &bm);

// SetWindowPos(hwnd, HWND_TOPMOST, 400, 30, 50, 20, SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

SelectObject(hdcMem, hbmOld);

DeleteDC(hdcMem);

EndPaint(hwnd, &ps);
}
break;

I made a change using SetWindowPos function, but stll something wrong
Go4Expert Founder
SetWindowPos(hwnd, HWND_TOPMOST, 400, 30, 50, 20, SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

You are using the hwnd as a parameter.It should be handle to the window having the bitmap as far as I can see from here.
Go4Expert Member
But the bitmap is external. So no window had the bitmap. I just wanted to place it on the main window and thats why i put the hwnd as the parameter. But it is hidden by tab controls and toolbar. Thats the whole probelm