Automatic query in a HTML form

Discussion in 'Web Design, HTML And CSS' started by percolato, Jan 12, 2012.

1. percolato

percolato New Member

Hi,

I am not much experienced using HTML and in fact concerning web programming in general, but I am at ease with some coding languages. I would like to know if the following is possible ;

My question concerns a website for querying data at the ING Astronomical Data Centre ; casu.ast.cam.ac.uk/casuadc/ar...h/@@query.html

I'm not even sure it's written in HTML, but it seems like it is. What I would like to do is querying the database without having to manually fill up the form each time, but instead building some URL directly within my code libraries to get to the result page automatically.

I'll give you one example of how I would like to fill up the form ;

Coordinates : 00 00 00 +00 00 00

All other fields : default values

You can enter it by hand and see what the results page should be like in this case. I would like to get to this "result page" without filling the form manually, so I would need to find out how to build a URL in which the form's entries are encrypted. How would I do that ?

Thanks a lot.