Assembly Project, anyone feel bored?

Discussion in 'Assembly Language Programming (ALP) Forum' started by SunshineASM, Nov 13, 2009.

1. SunshineASM

SunshineASM New Member

[FONT=&quot]This project focuses on the storage and retrieval of two dimensional arrays of integers and some mathematical operations on them. You can reuse code of previous labs and projects.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] you must write an assembly language program that meets the following specifications:[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]The program must prompt the user for the number of rows and columns of the array and then prompt the user for the input of the elements; input two arrays this way. Design your program to handle 1x1 up to 5x5 square arrays. The program must discard noninteger values such as letters and punctuation symbols and whitespace. The input should then be echoed to the user.[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]The mathematical operations to be performed on the square arrays are[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]addition of the two arrays[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]subtraction of the two arrays[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]multiplication of the two arrays[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]The mathematical operations must be handled by procedure calls with the pertinent parameters passed on the stack.[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]The integers used must be 16 bit.[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Output the results using appropriate labels for each operation[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]You can use redirection to handle the inputting of the initial values[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Your program must also handle overflow of the 16 bit integer gracefully[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Change the text printed by the Greet procedure so that it prints an appropriate title or name for the program, your name as programmer, and the date on which you turn in your project.[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Your program must work correctly with any possible combination of the proper inputs.[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot]Your code must be well structured and it must have comments that make it read like a high level language with assembly language code inserted after each of the lines of high level language. [/FONT]

So basically i am lookin to see if anyone can do this Assembly Project...It is not for school, in some sense, i took this lab off of my teachers website since he teached ASM he told me that he will help me after my C++ class only if i can (1) do this on my own or (2) get someone to do it for me, he is one of those teachers that is awesome.,..I just want someone o either fly through it or help me do this, never have i done ASM yet; however, the teacher said if i do get this done he will teach me after class for the rest of the semester on this project, the debugger and the basics of ASM, i guess i am a nerd because of the fact that i really want him to help me out i really enjoy programming but this stuff is nothing like i have done before...Please help i will be very greatful!:D

Here is what he asks :

HTML:
       This project focuses on the storage and retrieval of two dimensional arrays of integers and some mathematical operations on them. You can reuse code of previous labs and projects.

you must write an assembly language program that meets the following specifications:
      ·         The program must prompt the user for the number of rows and columns of the array and then prompt the user for the input of the elements; input two arrays this way. Design your program to handle 1x1 up to 5x5 square arrays. The program must discard noninteger values such as letters and punctuation symbols and whitespace. The input should then be echoed to the user.
      ·         The mathematical operations to be performed on the square arrays are
      1)    addition of the two arrays
      2)    subtraction of the two arrays
      3)    multiplication of the two arrays
      ·         The mathematical operations must be handled by procedure calls with the pertinent parameters passed on the stack.
      ·         The integers used must be 16 bit.
      ·         Output the results using appropriate labels for each operation
      ·         You can use redirection to handle the inputting of the initial values
      ·         Your program must also handle overflow of the 16 bit integer gracefully
      ·         Change the text printed by the Greet procedure so that it prints an appropriate title or name for the program, your name as programmer, and the date on which you turn in your project.
      ·         Your program must work correctly with any possible combination of the proper inputs.
      ·         Your code must be well structured and it must have comments that make it read like a high level language with assembly language code inserted after each of the lines of high level language. 

2. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    It's not a difficult program to write once you have some ability with ASM but you have to make some effort. Have a go at solving it yourself, then post the code when you're stuck and we'll help you out. It will help you to learn ASM starting from the beginning; you cannot jump straight in to a project like this and expect to get anywhere but frustrated.

Your story about a teacher promising to give you 1-1 tuition after hours if you can get someone to do this for you doesn't add up. If he's happy to teach you ASM after hours then he'll do it whether or not you complete this task first. This seems to be a homework assignment and it doesn't make any difference what story you attach to it; it still looks like that. Sorry if the story is actually true and all that, but how do we know you're not just making up any old crap in the hope of getting someone to do your homework for you? It happens quite a lot, usually around 2-3 months after the start of the academic year - and hey, it's November, what a coincidence! - when the reality of the difficulty of programming is starting to sink in and students are starting to panic.