AJAX chat not working properly?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by ManzZup, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ManzZup

ManzZup New Member

Production Manager:Software @ ZONTEK
    Home Page:
    http://zontek.zzl.org
    hii

I think this is th right place for this post. Recently i installed social engine in my web site and used its chat module (ajax based, like of facebook) but is seems that it's not working properly.(it always show that theres not friends online and the user is offline)

Then is turned for cometchat and tried it. But failed again as that shows nothing as well. As far as i know AJAX doesn't need any additional extensions in php (correct if i'm wrong :D)
    it just need a working php server and jscript enabled. But i hear something like the AJAX chats needs a server to run?

What kindda server is this? And how can i configure my host (currently its xtreemhost.com ) to work AJAX ?

Thnkx

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

No I don't think it needs any server and I run AJAX on my local server and it needs what you have it already and the problem may be in the script you are running.

I think it can be the case where your PC is not accessible from your friends one and so it may be a good idea to upload the script on some domain name and that would mean it is accessible from both the location to see each of your friends online.

3. ManzZup

ManzZup New Member

Production Manager:Software @ ZONTEK
    Home Page:
    http://zontek.zzl.org
    i tried it in localhost and it worked well
    bu the problem occurs in the domin
    both xtreemhost and sixserve failed :(

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Ohh then the issue may be with the host having some configuration or some port blocked