Need advice on the my simple website in development

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by needsomehelp, Jan 27, 2009.

1. needsomehelp

needsomehelp New Member

Hi guys,

I am an EE engineer and need a little advice on what language/tool is best suited for one of my own little projects.

I am working on a simple website as part of my internal system to help me track work data (yeah, I want things to be automated and eliminate manual labor work :D). I happen to get my test data in .txt files everyday. I wrote some perl scripts to parse the files everyday and store needed information in MySQL database. I constructed some simple PHP/HTML pages that can search the data I need from SQL and print them to the webpages.

Now I would like to go one step further to plot the data from SQL and have the graph displayed in the browser( something like google finance, but obviously much simpler, just going to be some simple line graph or bar graph generated from SQL data). I do not major in web development or programming, so I need some advice on what I should use to make my little project complete. I only have programming experience in c/c++/java/perl, and had to learn basic php/html/sql on my own time after work. :undecided

I was thinking about java applet, but seriously I don't know where to start looking. Any input would be appreciated.:confused:

-xl