Adobe or something cheaper?

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by fashionbop, Jan 17, 2011.

1. fashionbop

fashionbop New Member

Shopping from China
    Home Page:
    http://www.fashion-bop.com

Hi all. I'm new here and relatively new to web design and am now looking to take my skills onto a new level.

As a budding new web designer, I'm now considering which software is best. My assumption was that I'd have to go with Adobe. However, after reading a few comments on here, there are some who consider it to be too expensive given that there are other options out there which could also be better.

I was hoping for advice from experienced people who could let me know if you think Adobe is the way to go or recommend any other software.

Thank you and grateful in advance

2. lincy

lincy New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.keralatourpackage.org
    Accroding to me i think adobe is best

3. pein87

pein87 Active Member

Web Dev
    I would have to say microsoft expressionweb 4 is better than adobe dreamweaver cs5 because it really has some time saving feature like auto "" for html attributes and auto close tags(for xml to) and its much easier to use then dreamweaver when your setting up a site and it can run php scripts using the php cgi file. Adobe has better extensions and templates and also bloated down spry for the none javascript coder to.

What I would suggest is that you look into

visual web developer 2010 express(free), aptana studio(free), notepad ++(free), netbeans(free),morfik(free),codelobster(free),microsoft web matrix(free) and bluefish(free) they are all free and will get the job done.