rohanjlopes's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2008
Newbie Member
Hi, I have a public ip address of my friends' computer and would like to access it? How can I do it
martinwolf11's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2008
Newbie Member
go to wwwgotomypc.com
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
Logme In is the effective solution for all. It really works well with all OS. Try it!!`
syrushcw's Avatar, Join Date: Apr 2008
Go4Expert Member
Yes logmein works great, but if you dont want to use 3rd party apps you can't connect to a w2k box, w2k dosnt have a built in terminal server for remote desktop,
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_vi
Logme In is the effective solution for all. It really works well with all OS. Try it!!`
It dosnt work on linux :/ but it is only a more organized VNC
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
hey dude

Chek out this URL.
https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp
It has got a linux version of logmein.. Try it~~
syrushcw's Avatar, Join Date: Apr 2008
Go4Expert Member
I run 2.2 I should really consider upgrading but like I said I just prefer VNC
SpOonWiZaRd's Avatar, Join Date: May 2007
Know what you can do.
We use VNC on some of our servers, it really works great for the company. I also prefer VNC above all those others. W2K doesnt start terminal services by default but you can start it by going to your services applet in MMC and then start it manually or set it so that it starts automatically in the service properties.
Mark Brown's Avatar, Join Date: May 2012
Light Poster
Very interesting. Really I have learned from it. I have applied this things by a software and really it is funny, but risky. I have not idea before about the method of using XP accessory for that. However thanks to Subbir

Last edited by shabbir; 30May2012 at 19:10.. Reason: Confine Links to Signatures
Contributor
You can install teamview , it has 2 options on install :
1 - install and manualy accept all types of incoming connections . With this type of installation teamview will provide you with random passwords to send to the person you will allow to connect. Best thing is that that generated password is accepted only at the first connection. For a second one the program must generate another.

2 - install teamview with a password chosen by you. You will need only your computer id generated by teamview and you can connect from anywhere anytime with your password.