6 Deck Card Shuffling In Access

Discussion in 'Game programming' started by bcmarshall, Jul 17, 2010.

1. bcmarshall

bcmarshall New Member

I'm doing something not generally associated with Access. I'm writing an analytical blackjack program. Anyone familiar with Access knows that it can be instructed to do the things involved, namely count the hand, stand or hit at a certain level, and anything else required to play the game. I have already written the main game program and it plays perfectly, but my problem is that I've been unable to come up with a practical and fast shuffling routine, but I have special requirements.

I want the shuffled decks stored in a table for several reasons. I want to be able to compare two moves, say standing vs. hitting a 16 v 10. The only way that's possible is to be able to see what the next card would have been and then making a comparison of the results. Another reason is to be able to save really good or really poor decks so that they can be collected and strategies can be developed which are optimized to bad or good runs of cards.

Can anyone offer a means of shuffling 6 decks and storing the results in a table? I have been able to do it, but the wait is interminable, and I know there are much better ways out there. I just can't think of any!

Thanks for your help.