told me to post here so...

pyro 214's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2007
Newbie Member
Hey, i just graduated from highschool and decided to take engineering in college with no intrest in any careers. First year engineering required me to take computer science (Java programmer), and i loved it! Since taking this course ive been leaning towards getting a career in a programming/ software engineering. I know theres lots of 12 year olds, let alone people my age, these days that can program very well, so i guess i have alot of catchup to do.
Am i too far behind, will it be possible?

any suggestions are appreciated,
(usually joining a forum that deals with the topic is a good way to start )

thanks,
Braydon
0
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Nope, Its never too late to start and the good thing is you have started. Dont think you have lacked any time but think that you have started on the path where many did not.
0
pyro 214's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2007
Newbie Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir
Nope, Its never too late to start and the good thing is you have started. Dont think you have lacked any time but think that you have started on the path where many did not.
thanks,
any suggested languages to learn following Java? (want to eventually specify in C++)
0
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro 214
thanks,
any suggested languages to learn following Java? (want to eventually specify in C++)
MFC/Win32 or C# if you prefer to be with Win Platforms. I am not *nix guy
0
pyro 214's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2007
Newbie Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir
MFC/Win32 or C# if you prefer to be with Win Platforms. I am not *nix guy
just noticed, u have like 30% of the total posts on this forum
0
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro 214
just noticed, u have like 30% of the total posts on this forum
I have more towards it. I have 100% of the forum dedicated to them Its cfanatic.com