Today we will discuss some of the simple tricks to create a logo as follows
Follow the following steps
1. Create a blank image of size 1 inch x 1 inch. Make sure you keep the background as transparent.
2. Select the Type Tool and type the character you wanted to make the logo with. I have chosen the character "i".
3. Make the font size such that it occupies the 60% of the image canvas. For e.g. it should be Font "Times New Roman, 60, Italics, Strong"
4. Apply the Drop Shadow, Bevel and Emboss and stroke with the following specification.
a) Drop Shadow -5. Add a new layer and draw an eclipse with the Ellipse tool. The color can be anything of the ellipse as we will be applying the effects on the ellipse in the next couple of steps.Blend Mode - Multiplyb) Bevel and Emboss -
Color - Black
Opacity - 45%
Distance - 0 px
Spread - 5 %
Size - 10 px
There is no editing and all the default for the bevel and emboss would be fine.c) Stroke - 3 px, Outside, and choose the color of the shadow to be closer to gray. I have opted in the above sample as #E6E6E6.
6. Change the foreground color to the orange (FF7D00) and background to be yellow (FFF900)
7. Select the Gradient Overlay (Reverse) on the newly created layer with blend mode as Normal.
That's it you have the logo ready. Attachment contains the .psd file for the above logo.