Complately New to ALP

Discussion in 'Assembly Language Programming (ALP) Forum' started by jptsunil, Apr 15, 2007.

1. jptsunil

jptsunil New Member

I am new to this forum and complately new to ALP and i don't even know any type of programming. Please suggest me where to start at my knowledge level
    sorry for my bad english

Thanks

2. DaWei

DaWei New Member

Semi-retired EE
    Home Page:
    http://www.daweidesigns.com
    If you don't know any programming language at all, I'd suggest that you start with something other than assembly language. You need to know how to transfer your ability to solve problems to a rather strict paradigm. Once you have that, then you can move to the even stricter paradigm of the Von Neumann machine.

I would recommend Python. It is an interpreted language and you can get it free. You can enter simple statements at the command line, or you can write entire programs that run from the command line, or you can write programs that incorporate a complex GUI interface.

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Being a C-C++ Guy I would still vote for C to start of.

4. jptsunil

jptsunil New Member

I want to know about how computer works, how data are represented in computer, i want to know the computer's internal works
    for example: Suppose a key "A" is pressed on keyboard
    than how it got printed on screen
    what is the physical process has done between the keypress and print
    i want to know complate analogy of a computer

for answers for all these type of hardware related questions someone told me u have to learn assembly language for gettin too deep in computers if u want to know the system complately you have to learn assembly language

some already suggested me to learn higher-level languages like c, c++, vb etc. but oppose to this some told you'll not get deep knowledge of hardware without learning Assembly and if you learn assembly first then all higher-level language will be easiest for you i have comfused with these type of suggestion please suggest me what really i have to do

thanks

5. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

for that you dont even need to know the programming but computer architecture and organization would just do.
    Just hit him as hard as you can
    Nope you may again needs to be hitting him if he is not the same person who told the above things. :eek: