Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Engineering Concepts (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/engineering-concepts/)
-   -   M.Morris Mano Book Solution (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/mmorris-mano-book-solution-t7535/)

lernerca 25Nov2007 22:30

M.Morris Mano Book Solution
 
Hi All,
I am a student of Advance Computer Architecute.We are studying M.Morris Mano's book Computer System Architecture.Can i get this books exercise Questions solution.Please let me know if anyone can help me.I am facing a problem in solving some of the numericals and for that i need its solution.Thanks.

shabbir 25Nov2007 22:47

Re: M.Morris Mano Book Solution
 
Post the questions and definitely we will try to help.

lernerca 25Nov2007 23:04

Re: M.Morris Mano Book Solution
 
I need the solutions of chapter 9 which is Pipeline and vector processing and of chapter Twelve Memory Organization...I heard it from someone long time ago that solved exercises of these well known books are mostly available on net.I tried to search it but didnt find any.So i thought someone here could help me.

shabbir 26Nov2007 08:53

Re: M.Morris Mano Book Solution
 
We do not have the book at hand and try to explain the question in the right forum.

9610301fatih 7Mar2008 11:40

Re: M.Morris Mano Book Solution
 
hello have you found the solutions?
I also need that If you had can send it?bye

sherif_elnegamy 7May2008 19:22

Re: M.Morris Mano Book Solution
 
Dear All
im studing computer system architecture book by M.Morris Mano...and im in a sever need to all the solutions of every single question in each chapter...please help me if u can.

Best Regards

neo_vi 18Aug2008 17:13

Re: M.Morris Mano Book Solution
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sherif_elnegamy
Dear All
im studing computer system architecture book by M.Morris Mano...and im in a sever need to all the solutions of every single question in each chapter...please help me if u can.

Best Regards

Will u pay for that? If yes how much..
I'll surely get it 4 u?
Expecting ur reply

huda 22Jan2009 21:28

Re: M.Morris Mano Book Solution
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbir (Post 20939)
Post the questions and definitely we will try to help.


q:the access time of cache memory is 100 ns and that of main memory
1000 ns. it is estimated that 80% of the memory requests are for read
and the remaining 20% for write. the hit ratio for read access only is
0.9. a write -through procedure is used.
a- what is the average access time of the system considring only
memory read cycles?
b-what is the average access time of the system for both read asn
write requests?
c-what is the hit ratio taking into consideration the write cycles?
please, we are appreciating any response .

xpi0t0s 22Jan2009 22:58

Re: M.Morris Mano Book Solution
 
Sometimes I find questions like this easier to work through if I use actual numbers. So let's say there are 100 memory accesses. How many read and how many write will there be (this is easy)? How long will a single read take, if it comes from cache? How long will a single read take if it comes from main memory? How long will a write take? Now add them all up to produce a time for the 100 memory accesses. Then divide by the number of accesses and that should give you the answer you're looking for (for b. a is of course easier than that.)

c also sounds easy, what's the problem? Do you know how to calculate hit ratios? Let's say I'm playing darts and I throw 10 darts and 4 hit the board (that would be doing well for me). What would my hit ratio be? Do you get 0.4?

huda 23Jan2009 23:36

Re: M.Morris Mano Book Solution
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xpi0t0s (Post 41855)
Sometimes I find questions like this easier to work through if I use actual numbers. So let's say there are 100 memory accesses. How many read and how many write will there be (this is easy)? How long will a single read take, if it comes from cache? How long will a single read take if it comes from main memory? How long will a write take? Now add them all up to produce a time for the 100 memory accesses. Then divide by the number of accesses and that should give you the answer you're looking for (for b. a is of course easier than that.)

c also sounds easy, what's the problem? Do you know how to calculate hit ratios? Let's say I'm playing darts and I throw 10 darts and 4 hit the board (that would be doing well for me). What would my hit ratio be? Do you get 0.4?

thanks
you are on a right, a is simple. but regarding b isn't.
because in this case ,we should consider write operation too. so, it must be there hit ratio for write as for read,but in question there isn't hit ratio for write .
of course, I know how to calculate hit ratio. it is hit\ miss +hit.
please tell me ,how I can know the no. of hits and no. of misses?
I can't guess what hit ratio as you did with your darts.
I think, the author supposed that mention of hit ration for write it isn't necessary , because the write through policy is depended here.
because of in both miss and hit there is access to memory.
im not sure .
I hope to get more comments from you.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:01.