Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Jobs And Career Discussion (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/jobs/)
-   -   Senior Software (j2ee/j2me) Engineer - Toronto (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/senior-software-j2ee-j2me-engineer-t4780/)

jsbelanger 20Jun2007 20:54

Senior Software (j2ee/j2me) Engineer - Toronto

We are looking for critical thinkers, self starters and creative problem solvers that will bring knowledge, technical experience and collaboration to the existing Team.

Responsibilities
  • Collaborates with product managers to understand features and provide accurate estimates
  • Devise Solution Architecture for customer engagements
  • Design and implement features collectively with a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables
  • Analyzes reviews and refactors code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapts programs to new requirements
  • Develop reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on going product quality
  • Provide code reviews for peers with constructive feed back for team members
  • Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to improve performance and scalability
  • Prepares software packages and documentation for deployment that adheres to the defined standard deployment policies
  • Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions
  • Mentor junior programmers in development life cycle and fulfills the role of senior technical authority on projects
Requirements
  • Minimum 7 years experience architecting, designing and implementing end to end enterprise grade software
  • Experiencing modeling using UML (use case, sequence, state, collaboration, class model)
  • Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, usecase model)
  • Experience using TogetherJ, Rational Rose, StarUML
  • Proficient in SCM tools and best practices (Starteam, CVS, Ant)
  • Excellent understanding of key architecture considerations/issues associated with distributed multi-tier infrastructure
  • Extensive experience using Java, J2EE (JMS, JSP, JSF, EJBs, JDBC, JAX, AJAX) Hibernate, Oracle, XML, Struts, Tag Libraries , MVC, Weblogic and WebServices
  • Knowledge of mobile device technologies (J2ME, Brew, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Flash) nice to have
  • Experience identifying and utilizing design patterns (singleton, abstract factory, strategy, observable)
  • Knowledge and experience with modern web UI technologies
  • Strong leadership skills and the ability to execute
  • Excellent oral and written communication skill
  • A creative thinker and problem solver
  • A hunger for success and to get a job done well
  • Committed to customer satisfaction
  • Wireless telecommunications and data industry experience preferable
  • Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent academic experience required

elec.shabnam 26Feb2008 19:29

Re: Senior Software (j2ee/j2me) Engineer - Toronto

i m from elec branch,is this opening for me