Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Search Engine Optimization (SEO) (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/seo-forum/)
-   -   How to Improve Keyword ranking. (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/improve-keyword-ranking-t29227/)

Priyanka Chauhan 26Oct2012 13:19

How to Improve Keyword ranking.

How to Improve ranking of my keywords? My Site PR is 4.

shabbir 26Oct2012 13:39

Re: How to Improve Keyword ranking.

Toolbar PR was thing of 2005 and does not matter in 2012. For better ranking you have to analyze what your competitors are doing and then out rank them with better quality content, more links and better social engagement.

ozsubasi 27Oct2012 11:28

I have to agree with Shabbir. Although PR is still a factor, it seems that its importance is diminishing all the time. Neither Penguin nor Panda respect PR and sites have been hit regardless of it. I have only been involved in SEO for less than two years but the changes (as far as Google is concerned) have been immense during that time.
In every other SE my keywords still rank very well, but in Google I am struggling and like it or not they are still the main traffic providers in terms of organic searches. If I go to duckduckgo I am number one for multiple keywords but I don't get any traffic from it so it is pretty meaningless.
I do get traffic from Bing and Yahoo but although it is significant, the fact remains that in my market, the majority of users use Google.
Although you do not specify in your question which search engine it is that you want to improve your keyword ranking for, but I think we can assume it is Google.
Much depends on their competitiveness and how well established your competition is. You may need to look at some alternative keywords.

shabbir 29Oct2012 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priyanka Chauhan (Post 98057)
Thanks Sir, I'm doing Off-page activities like SBM, Directory Submissions, Article Postings, Blog commenting, And Social Media on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest. But Still My keywords are on 3rd page as it was on 3rd of oct.

And it will not increase with things you are doing.

ozsubasi 29Oct2012 12:17

I think that what Shabbir is advising is that what you are doing are things that used to work before, but don't work anymore, and that you need to be specific in looking at your site and those of your competitors who are doing well with the keywords you are aiming at.
We do not know your website or your keywords so it is difficult to give further advice.

shabbir 29Oct2012 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priyanka Chauhan (Post 98059)
SO, What do i do?:(

For links try getting links from authority sites and blogs in your niche.

For Content focus on long tail keywords.

ozsubasi 29Oct2012 12:28

I suggested earlier that the OP could look at alternative keywords, but getting links from authority sites and blogs in your niche may be easier said then done, it depends on the niche.

ektathakur88 25Nov2012 21:53

Done onpage SEO optimization and then build backlinks for your website. Remember your site optimization should under T&C of search engine.

ozsubasi 26Nov2012 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ektathakur88 (Post 98287)
Remember your site optimization should under T&C of search engine.

What does that mean please? What is T&C?

shabbir 26Nov2012 14:49

Terms and Condition.