Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Windows (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/windows/)
-   -   Recovering Lost Windows Password (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/recovering-lost-windows-password-t2873/)

pradeep 6Feb2007 10:46

Recovering Lost Windows Password

If you find yourself locked out of your Windows because you lost or forgot your password, here are some things you could do.

* First, do you have the administrator password? Login as an admin and change the password of your user ID.

* NEW: If you are an Administrator user, and are logged into Windows right now because your PC is setup to log you in automatically, but have forgotten your password in fact, and would now like to change it well, Windows requires you to know the old one. However, there is a brute force way to change your Administrator password. Open a Command prompt (START > RUN > then type "cmd" without the double quotes) and then type the following command:
Code:

net user username newpassword
Remember, if the username has spaces in it, then enclose it in double quotes, e.g.,

Code:

net user "S Pradeep" myPassword
This would change S Pradeep's password to myPassword provided S Pradeep was an Administrator user.

* Don't have admin access? Well, you can get it if you wish by downloading a cool utility from Thomas Mathiesen to recover Windows password if you have forgotten it.

* Or, you could just download this program to reset Windows XP / 2000 / NT security if the Administrator password, secure boot password, or the key disk is lost.

* NTAccess can replace the administrator password of a Windows XP, Windows NT or Windows 2000 system by rebooting the computer with a special set of boot disks or CD-ROM (XP only). This is useful if you forgot the administrator password and cannot access the Windows XP/2000/NT system.

* Petter N Hagen has put together an Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, which is basically a single floppy or CD containing everything you need to edit the passwords on most Windows systems.

CAUTION: Please use these tools at your own risk. I believe they are good ones, with good intent, but they should be used only if you know what you are doing.

Bhullarz 1Apr2007 03:48

Re: Recovering Lost Windows Password

most of the programs mentioned, use cd-roms /floppy disks.What if, there is no cd-rom or floppy drive available in PC.Can we still retrieve the administrator password. As i have lost the administrator password of my workstation's PC and i am using a Limited Account now. Is there any way for me to get the password or to reset the administrator account ?

Lamfxs 1Jul2007 17:30

Hi I found a great thread if you forgot you password and you can't even login this information will help you reset it without login.
Here is the page for Windows XP forgot your password Windows XP forgot your password

Good luck

Lee

Bhullarz 8Jul2007 07:54

Still waiting for your answers guys ! Help me.

Lamfxs 8Jul2007 17:28

Did you read the thread I posted? there is a comment there about you situation:

From the account you have open the Command Prompt from RUN => and write CMD
press CD\ then enter
write this command:
NET USER ADMINISTRATOR /RANDOM
You will get a password use it login to your admin :D

I hope it will do it for you since I didn't try the solution this way... but it should work!

thornofcarrion 21Apr2008 11:47

Hi!

I get "Access is Denied"

What to do?

Bhullarz 22Apr2008 17:36

Is administrator's password is stored in registry somewhere?

shabbir 23Apr2008 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhullarz
Is administrator's password is stored in registry somewhere?

Its encrypted and kept in a file

Bhullarz 29Apr2008 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbir
Its encrypted and kept in a file

sir ! i think u r talking abt SAM files which are stored on HDD. But is there any entry for the administrator pswd in Registry whether encrypted ?

shabbir 29Apr2008 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhullarz
sir ! i think u r talking abt SAM files which are stored on HDD. But is there any entry for the administrator pswd in Registry whether encrypted ?

Probably its not kept in Reg

Gogs1983 29Apr2008 20:08

The admin passwords, and any other user name and password that has ever been save on your computer are kept in the registry and are easy enough to retrive...

faizulhaque 27May2008 18:05

if it's not in regis. then it mush be in the profile of administrator

Alexis 23Apr2009 07:42

Long time ago , I confronted with the password problem. Finally , my friend Jane introduced the Windows Password Reset 6.0. It help me access windows. It's a good method!

happykaka 31May2009 09:03

If you can not find the password you must reset the password. You just google related keywords like "windows password unlocker" , there will be a lot of related result on Internet. As far as I know, the most popular method as followings :
1. Login to a computer that can link to Internet. Download Windows Password Unlocker 4.0 and decompress it on that PC. Note that: there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD.
2 Get out the newly created CD and insert it to the locked computer.
3 re-booted the locked computer and then followed the process of instructions. Just a few steps, the old password was removed.'''
4 Setting new password:
Step one: Open the "Control Panel"
Step two: Click the "User Account "
Step three: Select the account you wanna to set a new password.
Step four: Click "changing Account " and "set up password", then fill out the form as listed. Click "Create Password".

naimish 10Jul2009 13:27

This one is nice.....Need to try it at home :)

linky1124 4Aug2009 11:32

you should try some recovery tool like "windows password reset".
it can reset your password to "blank" easily.

linky1124 4Aug2009 11:45

does it work?

robfluth 14Sep2009 08:24

I have downloaded Windows Password Recovery Tool 2.0 from .It works perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password. I Wrote it to an old 128mb USB flash drive do this.

naimish 14Sep2009 09:21

How about reseting server's password ?

sabrinamei 18Dec2009 13:57

Hey, I also got locked out of my computer several days ago. I tried several free software. It took me two days and got quite messy. Unfortunately none of them work for me. Finally I made it work with password genius. The good news is that it works. The bad news is it is not free.

sabrinamei 18Dec2009 14:04

You can try spotmau password genius. It works for me. :charming:

jamesstevn 18Dec2009 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrinamei (Post 61876)
Hey, I also got locked out of my computer several days ago. I tried several free software. It took me two days and got quite messy. Unfortunately none of them work for me. Finally I made it work with password genius. The good news is that it works. The bad news is it is not free.

try blank.
here is the methods I know.
The first thing which you check if you forget login password. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account "Administrator" and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget Your user account password then try this:
Start system and when you See Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys Twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type "Administrator" (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from "Control Panel -> User Accounts".
Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.
Windows XP and further versions also provide another method to recover forgotten Password by using "Reset Disk". If you created a Password Reset Disk in Past, you can use that disk to reset the password.
just learn from others how to reset windows password with Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0

annyyu22 18Jan2010 09:17

which one is the best useful?
I also have the same problem

annyyu22 18Jan2010 09:18

Any comments good on windows password key 8.0 to get back the password?I am curious who use Windows Password Key 8.0 to solved the problem that get back windows adminstrator password? Is it security? I am google this query and here asking for more info. Thank you !

annyyu22 18Jan2010 11:21

I would like to introduce Windows Password Key 8.0 . it not only supports XP, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It creates a password recovery CD/DVD,USB Flash Drive for home, business and enterprise. It works perfectly to reset your Windows password. You can download it from

MetallicShadow 9Mar2011 06:25

My password got changed on windows 7, and I have no other account. I was the admin (only account) and I can't really see any way to fix it. Any suggestions?

jamesstevn 9Mar2011 13:17

If you don't want to change the password:

1 > Get a program called Ophcrack(very large. 496Mb)
2 >> Download the liveCD (ISO)
3 >> Burn the ISO to a CD using an ISO burner
4 >> The Live CD's come with the free rainbow tables, so you might need to download other tables (cost money)
4 >> Bootup from the CD
5 >> Crack the SAM and System file

Another easier way is to remove windows password.
Try Windows password Recovery Tool 3.0 , you can login back in 5 minutes with it!

Trimegisto 16Mar2011 01:39

The best option is to have a nice Boot CD loaded with utils to help in an emergency situation.

I like Hiren Boot CD

It has lot's of useful tools, not only to reset passwords.

alexsmth114 17Mar2011 10:49

At last some good solutions posted!!..

jack0050 1Jun2011 13:57

can u tell us how to hack the admin pass?

Trimegisto 28Sep2011 12:03

There are many tool out there to reset the Windows password. Take a look here:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolso...ssrecovery.htm

Good luck!