Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Search Engine Optimization (SEO) (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/seo-forum/)
-   -   How to Decrease Bounce Rate? (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/decrease-bounce-rate-t28549/)

adamwillss 8Jun2012 14:52

How to Decrease Bounce Rate?

I have work for my website continuously as a result I have got lots of visits to my website but the problem is my website bounce rate is too much high and most of visitors go away! I don't understand why this happen and how do I decrease my website bounce rate! Do my friends suggest me reasons for this? Is that any design and structure problem in my website? check my website here: oscommerceexperts (dot) com

shabbir 10Jun2012 17:34

Re: How to Decrease Bounce Rate?

It may not be that your website has some issue but bounce rate could mean that you don't have traffic sources from related site.

Your site may be related to oscommerce but you may be getting traffic for Wordpress related terms.

You say that you have high traffic and what is that high number you are worried about?

adamwillss 11Jun2012 15:09

Shabbir
It not my problem that why my website doesn't get more visits but the problem is why the visitors of my website doesn't stay long in my website

shabbir 11Jun2012 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamwillss (Post 95641)
Shabbir
It not my problem that why my website doesn't get more visits but the problem is why the visitors of my website doesn't stay long in my website

I never said that. With the amount of information you have shared everyone has to guess why you have high bounce rate and one of my guess was

Quote:

Your site may be related to oscommerce but you may be getting traffic for Wordpress related terms.
So unless you share more specific, I don't expect anybody can reply to your high bounce rate reason.

ozsubasi 12Jun2012 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamwillss (Post 95595)
...but the problem is my website bounce rate is too much high and most of visitors go away!...

Your "website bounce rate" is just an average of all the pages on your site. First you need to investigate through GA which landing pages are particularly high. Then look at what you have designed those pages to do. If they should lead the user to elsewhere on your site then there could be a problem. But if they should find what they are looking for on the page, then it is doing it's job.
As Shabbir has said, with the limited information you have provided no-one can advise you. The quality of answer that may be given is dependent on the quality of the question asked.

Venus Brown 12Jun2012 17:32

Quote:

Shabbir

I would suggest you to analyze which all pages of site have a high bounce rate. After that you should work upon the content and other factors like website loading speed , user interface, navigation etc.

kellys 14Jun2012 09:42

Try to publish good & unique articles on your website so that visitors can stay more time on your website. And it will help you to decrease the bounce rate

mike345 22Jun2012 11:33

Quote:

Shabbir

If current traffic doesn't coming from relevant source then it could be reason of your bounce rate issue. There are many parameters does matter in bounce rate such as:

* Website Design
* Relevancy
* Visitor Trends
* Unique Contents
* Interest of Visitor etc..

JettMakinson 2Jan2013 18:44

You can reduce bounce rate by doing these are activities:
Informative and related content
Avoid Excessive Ads
Improve Loading Times
Clean, Accessible Navigation
Take People Where They Want To Go

ozsubasi 3Jan2013 12:25

If anyone has any further suggestions for possible ways of reducing bounce rate, please check that they have not been given already before posting them.