Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Search Engine Optimization (SEO) (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/seo-forum/)
-   -   On page seo question? (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/page-seo-question-t28496/)

vinodkunwar 1Jun2012 02:29

On page seo question?

I want to know a question..................
How many target keywords should a site have?

shabbir 1Jun2012 08:18

Re: On page seo question?

Site can have infinite number of keywords. There is no limit.

ozsubasi 1Jun2012 14:50

Do you mean a site or do you mean a page? Each page can have different keywords, so that overall the site would have many. For individual pages, it is entirely up to you. Some advice I have seen says 2 or 3 keywords per page but I don't agree with this because I want a page to rank for as many as possible.

Adamdavid 1Jun2012 15:05

There is no limit in Keywords. If you have more number of keyword its good for your website to get good traffic.

Alex.Gabriel 2Jun2012 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamdavid (Post 95447)
There is no limit in Keywords. If you have more number of keyword its good for your website to get good traffic.

WRONG. You should read some articles first.

Got this from google webmaster central bla bla bla :

Code:

Does Google ever use the "keywords" meta tag in its web search ranking?

Response :
In a word, no. Google does sell a Google Search Appliance, and that product has the ability to match meta tags, which could include the keywords meta tag. But that's an enterprise search appliance that is completely separate from our main web search. Our web search (the well-known search at Google.com that hundreds of millions of people use each day) disregards keyword metatags completely. They simply don't have any effect in our search ranking at present.

btw ... your website will look spammy with too many keywords ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jK7IPbnmvVU

ozsubasi 2Jun2012 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex.Gabriel (Post 95459)
WRONG. You should read some articles first.
Got this from google webmaster central bla bla bla :
Code:

Does Google ever use the "keywords" meta tag in its web search ranking?

Response :
In a word, no. Google does sell a Google Search Appliance, and that product has which could include the keywords
meta tag. But that's an enterprise search appliance that is completely separate from our main web search. Our web search
(the well-known search at Google.com that hundreds of millions of people use each day) disregards keyword metatags completely.
They simply don't have any effect in our search ranking at present.
btw ... your website will look spammy with too many keywords ;)

Ok, the first point to make here is that the OP asked "How many target keywords should a site have?" and you have interpreted that as meaning "how many should I have in the meta tag", but that wasn't the question, no mention was made of the meta tag. The post you quoted was answering in terms of the question.
The keyword meta tag is immaterial to Google but keywords are not. Anyone who looks at the Google Webmaster Tools can see that a site is analysed by Google to see which words are repeated, and how they should reflect what the site is about.
I will use my own site as an example: it is about real estate, so I use all kinds of words in my content, such as properties, property, houses, home, villa, apartment, flat, house etc etc and also combine this with the name of my town and the country.
Together these make up a load of keyword combinations, and it is very possible to have all of them as "target keywords" without putting them in the meta tag.
In other words, these combinations are what I am looking to be ranked for, and I can write content that flows by using a variety of synonyms so Google can see that they are relevant to what my site is about, it doesn't have to look spammy and can be helpful to the user.

getseoonline2 18Jun2012 01:41

I dont think on-page plays that much part in ranking of a website the structure can always be kept the same.

ankitabc 18Jun2012 16:30

i suggest you don't take more than 5 keywords per page

ozsubasi 18Jun2012 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitabc (Post 95797)
i suggest you don't take more than 5 keywords per page

For the OP to be able to consider your suggestion, they would need to know the reasons why you think it should be 5.

getseoonline2 20Jun2012 05:09

you can target as many as you want just make sure you do proper keyword research.