Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Search Engine Optimization (SEO) (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/seo-forum/)
-   -   Pagerank versus panda (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/pagerank-versus-panda-t27949/)

jhonden 4Mar2012 17:20

Pagerank versus panda
 
many among us states that page rank have become meaningless and does not carry much of the information about a website. So what i want to know that is there any benefit of knowing page rank algorithm when we have existing panda for us.

coderzone 4Mar2012 18:04

Re: Pagerank versus panda
 
PageRank is different from Toolbar PageRank and Toolbar PageRank has become meaningless.

ozsubasi 6Mar2012 15:46

Re: Pagerank versus panda
 
Pagerank is about backlinks whereas Panda is about site quality. so I don't think it is a case one of vs the other.

Apoorva 6Mar2012 18:10

Re: Pagerank versus panda
 
Hi,
Page Rank is an arithmetic measure of a website used by Google represents its:
- relevancy
- content
- keyword's presence
- user friendliness
And, Google's algorithm sets a criterion on which the website's Page Rank and SERP ranking depends upon.

ozsubasi 6Mar2012 18:44

Re: Pagerank versus panda
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoorva (Post 93129)
Hi,
Page Rank is an arithmetic measure of a website used by Google represents its:
- relevancy
- content
- keyword's presence
- user friendliness
And, Google's algorithm sets a criterion on which the website's Page Rank and SERP ranking depends upon.

Could you please give a source for this definition of Page Rank? Google says it is "a technology that determined the “importance” of a webpage by looking at what other pages link to it, as well as other data".
Also, what is your answer to the OP's question please?

Apoorva 4Apr2012 23:01

Re: Pagerank versus panda
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsubasi (Post 93131)
Could you please give a source for this definition of Page Rank? Google says it is "a technology that determined the “importance” of a webpage by looking at what other pages link to it, as well as other data".
Also, what is your answer to the OP's question please?

My answer is, Panda is not only about the Page Rank but over-all presentation of website and Page Rank is not the only factor which attract users. What I want to say that, when user comes to a site and decide to use it this factor hardly matters.
For example, it doesn't matter for any Facebook user that what is its Page Rank and also it is not a matter for the local website user if the useful website having PR 0 and useful to it.

ozsubasi 5Apr2012 13:17

Re: Pagerank versus panda
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoorva (Post 93992)
My answer is, Panda is not only about the Page Rank but over-all presentation of website and Page Rank
is not the only factor which attract users.
What I want to say that, when user comes to a site and decide to use it this factor hardly matters. For example, it doesn't matter for
any Facebook user that what is its Page Rank and also it is not a matter for the local website user if the useful website having
PR 0 and useful to it.

That may be true from a user's point of view, but there are many aspects of SEO that users are not aware of and the question is in terms of SEO, not how useful PR is to a user.
I would still like to see where you got your definition of Page rank from please.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:12.