Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Go4Expert Announcements (http://www.go4expert.com/news/go4expert-announcements/)
-   -   Signature Links No More Visible to Guests (http://www.go4expert.com/news/signature-links-visible-guests-t27007/)

shabbir 24Oct2011 15:18

Signature Links No More Visible to Guests

I have been banning lot of members for a sole reason that they have don't add any value to the discussion or the topic and the only reason that can be associated with those posts was signature spam.

So I had to make signature links invisible to guests. This means Google will not be able to see your links you have in signatures.

lionaneesh 24Oct2011 18:35

Re: Signature Links No More Visible to Guests

I agree with you on this , the frequency of spam posts for the sake of promotion of their signature links were constantly increasing , Some action was necessary!

El_pacco 24Oct2011 21:00

Well, I don't know how valuable my opinion is because I'm new here but as member at other forums spam is a major problem so if it's necessary do it!

shabbir 24Oct2011 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_pacco (Post 88385)
Well, I don't know how valuable my opinion is because I'm new here but as member at other forums spam is a major problem so if it's necessary do it!

Its already done and I could not agree with you more on SPAM as the major problem.

apr pillai 24Oct2011 23:18

I get lot of spam comments on my Website and I can undertstand the gravity of this issue. I remove them without even reviewing.

You may take whatever steps necessary to discourage the spammers or to stop them on their tracks.

sura 25Oct2011 00:22

it is necessary to reduce spams

ahrouhi 25Oct2011 05:08

I am agree and i think its very natural and common for reducing the spam problems though it bring a little formalities for users too

sreek 25Oct2011 10:27

Quote:

i have been banning lot of members for a sole reason that they have don't add any value to the discussion or the topic and the only reason that can be associated with those posts was signature spam.

So i had to make signature links invisible to guests. This means google will not be able to see your links you have in signatures.
+1

ewaldhorn 25Oct2011 15:10

Excellent!

Anything we do to help cut down on spam is a good move in my books.

Besides, we don't help each other for glory, do we?

Nope, I believe knowledge shared is knowledge gained.

Well done, here's to less spammers!

poornaMoksha 28Oct2011 21:48

I agree with the spirit of this thread. Signature links should be banned.