Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Linux (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/linux/)
-   -   How to Solve Linux Error When Loading Libraries (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/solve-linux-error-loading-libraries-t25861/)

lionaneesh 22May2011 15:23

How to Solve Linux Error When Loading Libraries

If you have some experience as a Linux Admin or Even if you are using linux , at some point of time you'll face a "Linux Error while Loading libraries" it seems something like

error while loading shared libraries: *.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I faced this problem today while compiling an open source app! The problem was a pain for me! but after some time i came up with a pretty easy solution!

Note: The Solution is tested on Backtrack and Ubuntu

Solution

First of all compile the application in this case i'll be compiling notSPIKEfile , So lets get just download it and get started

Compile it :-
Code:

root@bt:~/notSPIKEfile# ./make.sh
gcc -I.  -O3 -ggdb -fPIC -shared -Wl,-soname,libdisasm.so libdis.c i386_invariant.c i386.c -o libdisasm.so
libdis.c:3: warning: built-in function ‘exp’ declared as non-function
libdis.c: In function ‘sprint_op’:
libdis.c:232: warning: format ‘%X’ expects type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 4 has type ‘long int’
libdis.c:232: warning: format ‘%X’ expects type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 4 has type ‘long int’
libdis.c:234: warning: format ‘%X’ expects type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 4 has type ‘long unsigned int’
libdis.c:234: warning: format ‘%X’ expects type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 4 has type ‘long unsigned int’
i386_invariant.c: In function ‘disasm_invariant_decode’:
i386_invariant.c:146: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
i386_invariant.c: In function ‘disasm_invariant’:
i386_invariant.c:208: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memcpy’
gcc -I.  -O3 -ggdb -L. -ldisasm quikdis.c -o quikdis
gcc -I.  -O3 -ggdb -L. -ldisasm testdis.c -o testdis
gcc notSPIKEfile.o fuzz_utils.o signal_utils.o ptrace_utils.o -o notSPIKEfile libdisasm/src/arch/i386/libdisasm/libdisasm.so

Now lets try and run the application :-
Code:

root@bt:~/notSPIKEfile# ./notSPIKEfile
./notSPIKEfile: error while loading shared libraries: libdisasm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now we need to add "root//notSPIKEfile/libdisasm/src/arch/i386/libdisasm/libdisasm.so" path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH (environment variable)..

Lets do that :-
Code:

root@bt:~/notSPIKEfile# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`libdisasm/src/arch/i386/libdisasm/
Lets run the app now :-

Code:

Missing arguments.
notSPIKEfile
    notSPIKEfile [options] <base file> <command>

Required Options:

-o    Output file name base for fuzzed files

Additional Options:

-t    Timeout value (default=2)
 -k    Do not kill the process after timeout
 -s    Send the specified signal to kill the process. Default is SIGTERM, some apps need SIGKILL
 -h    Print this message
 -m    Maximum concurrent processes (default=1)
 -r    Fuzz this range of bytes in stead of trying the whole file (format low-high)
 -f    Fuzz this range of fuzz values in stead of using all known fuzz values (format low-high)
 -B    Blob mode (replace with blobs)
 -S    String mode (replace with fancy strings)
 -d    Delay between kill and re-exec (default=1)

Command:

Quoted command to execute to process the generated file.
    Use %FILENAME% as a symbol to be replaced with the filename.
    If %FILENAME% is absent in the command string, filename will be appended automatically

Example:

notSPIKEfile -t 3 -d 1 -m 6 -r 30- -s SIGKILL -o FUZZY.gif test.gif "/usr/bin/display -debug %FILENAME%"

That's it ... Problem fixed!
Lets get back to work!

lionaneesh 22May2011 20:12

Re: How to Solve Linux Error When Loading Libraries

Thanks for accepting my article! Stay tuned for more!