Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Internet Marketing (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/internet-marketing-forum/)
-   -   social networks analysis (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/social-networks-analysis-t25704/)

huda 5May2011 02:41

social networks analysis

hi all,
i'm phd student , and im working in docial networks field, i have no background.

at first , I need to know , where I can find the actvities of users over time.
i.e. where are stored, I need it for analysis.

I will apprecaite any reply

Click SSL 16May2011 13:20

Re: social networks analysis

Its depends on about what you wants to get information? You should have to be a member of various social networking sites like Facebook, Stumble upon, Twitter, Delicious, Digg, Myspace etc. You can visit in that particular social networking site for your interest, find groups, join them, make friends, discuss with them..

huda 16May2011 15:16

thanks for reply,
for ex., I want to know their interests , activities, for period of time,so I can make clusters .
i.e I want to find similarities between them depending on what they are doing over time.

I want study on group of authors.
just need know what is the first step?

regarding what you suggested , do you mean I have to participate in one of the groups you mentioned.
I have account in facebook, is this enough to get information?
your reply is very appreciated

fattaah 21May2011 17:42

make account in facebook twitter and search the groups there and send him to add you.in facebook they can add you but in twitter you have to make your profile attractive so that other follow you.

amrithaa2011 25May2011 11:15

hi,

I heard news about the main frame working from windows azure can use it for PHP also...!!!

huda 25May2011 18:29

THANKS ,
PLEASE,do you give me more details , I don't know what you mean.

many thanks

seo_corporation 26May2011 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by huda (Post 82687)
hi all,
i'm phd student , and im working in docial networks field, i have no background.

at first , I need to know , where I can find the actvities of users over time.
i.e. where are stored, I need it for analysis.

I will apprecaite any reply

Hello Buddy ! Best wishes for your PHD degree.
Social media is an interesting field, it need to be researched. See, I assume that you are looking for data for a comprehensive picture of usages specified by geography, demography and others. if this is the case then I must tell you these type of data are not easily available as large companies like facebook, twitter use these data to target behaviroal ads on users. you can ask any university for such type of data or any internet research firm. If lucky you will get it for free.

SSL Matrix 27May2011 14:27

Dear,

SSL Matrix 27May2011 14:28

Dear,

what are you looking for exactly? Do you need test data? what is it for? What do you want to analysis? and etc..

huda 27May2011 20:52

Thanks for reply.

I need data for research, I'm still in beginning my work.
One of reseatshers told there is a link in which dataset for reseach work.
it is not necessary from real world,but I did not find it or I did not know how find it.
just to see it, then I can know how I can do .
in fact my work relate with access control in social networks.
if you can help me I will apprecaite that.

thanks