Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Internet Marketing (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/internet-marketing/)
-   -   Email Marketing (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/email-marketing-t251/)

shabbir 24Feb2005 13:12

Email Marketing

If you have come up here you would also be interested in my blog about Effective Email Marketing

If you want an email campaign to succeed, and don`t want to offend anyone with your messages and you want them to see your messages then Train yourself to always stick to the rules below when crafting your email message. A message that earns respect makes sales.

RULE #1 - Have a template that wraps at 60 characters or less

When you prepare a newsletter make a template of your Own and dont rely on the default width given by the mail clients. Some mail clients Automatically Inserts a line break and when you see the mail in other place the line breaks are at some other locations. For Eg. If you created a message and the Mail client inserted Return After 70 and user has his settings at 60 the Mail will look like First 60 Characters and a line break and 10 characters and a line break. First was for his options and second for your option. The most ugly impression that user gets when he Reads it.

RULE #2 - Not testing in popular Email clients

As RULE #1 says about the body of the Email this rule refers to anything but Body of the message. A target link that works fine in one - doesn't work in Other.Similar Case can be in the From and Subject Lines. The main thing in from and subject line is length of the Subject Line which does not display all the content till the End. Check the Width for as many Email providers you know and send a dummy newsletter to them so that it displays correctly. Testing for these variables[I mean From Subject and Links in body] in different email clients can have significant impact on your email results.

RULE #3 - Watch for spellings and grammar

When you are sending a NewsLetter you are Offering to the person or informing hime about something related to your business and that should always have Error Free in departments like Spellings and Grammer. Yes I know you noticed the Spelling Error of the Word Grammar. Also follow a simple Style of Fonts and use it with consistency.

RULE #4 - Not integrating Newsletter and Search Engine Optimization effort

Always Archive the Newletter as All Newsletter are meant to offer content to the Clients and so Search Engine Optimization basic needs is the Content and Archiving the Newsletter can help you build sufficicnet Amount of content. Also just for Search Engine Optimization archiving is not benficient but also person willing to read previous issues can find them easily and will be become regular reader of the newsletter. Also allowing them to resend any issue that they have missed is not a bad option either.

RULE #5 - Brand your subject line - {COMPANY NAME}

All email providers as well as email clients offer Filters and deliver the message in the respective folders depending on the condition and if you Brand the company Name in the subject line Users have option of Redirecting that to a seperate folders and so he also have continous Archive of your Newsletter and when he needs he can refer or Forward to Friends and relative of his giving you added bonus. Also branding helps in building the Reputation of your Company.

------------------------------------------------------------
This Article is written by Shabbir Bhimani for SEO Forums
------------------------------------------------------------

This article is freely available for reprint provided that the resource box at the end of the article is left intact and the article is published complete and unaltered. If you are using this article on a website or e-book, please make sure that the link in the resource box is live and clickable.

daworm 19Dec2006 16:33

Re: Email Marketing

Nice Article Shabbir

MaxLund 26Jul2007 11:24

Hi!
Shabbir,

Nice article and it is great thread. Thanks for information ,you know...
I am invited to participate receive up to 50% affiliate commissions for every referral who buys 117 Self Improvement Gifts product lines from our one-time offer special. I am sure this works because I have seen many GURU marketers use this technique to build their lists to astronomical sizes.

If you too would like to participate and possibly add tons of new subscribers to your lists, then here's your 'private' invitation:-
<<Link Removed>>

shabbir 26Jul2007 14:05

No thanks but remember not to have the links from such domains as tinyurl as that will make your post flagged as spam.

rapwaydown 4Dec2007 10:44

i dont think these tips really help,
email marketing is all about list building.

aaron-123 18Jun2008 09:14

It's a problem to get the target persons' email address.

DeepSeas 10Jul2008 01:25

getting the address is the hardest party, it's usually a piece of cake from there

shabbir 10Jul2008 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSeas
getting the address is the hardest party, it's usually a piece of cake from there

Actually not. The main problem is sending that many emails. For one of my client who has 6 lac emails but he is not able to send them emails very cheaply

Damianlee 11Oct2008 16:09

Quote:

i dont think these tips really help,
email marketing is all about list building.
I'm not sure about the tips... It may or may not help in internet marketing... But I agree with rapwaydown that email marketing is all about list building... And its not at all difficult to get a persons email address... There are many websites out there which help you regarding this....

BizBlogged1 16Oct2008 16:36

Marketing practice tends to be seen as a creative industry, which includes advertising, distribution and selling. It is also concerned with anticipating the customers' future needs and wants, which are often discovered through market research.