Macbook Air (11 Inch) Review
The Mac Book Air is Apple’s most ultraportable netbook device. In 2010 Apple has introduced the new Mac Book Air 11 Inch. Probably this is the smallest netbook compared to other netbook devices. The first Mack Book Air was of 13.3" model and that time it was the thinnest PC ever now let’s come to Mac Book Air 11".
Mac Book Air 11" is best for those who are looking for a small portable PC. Usually we get trouble while carrying a 17" Laptop here n’ there, but in case of Mac Book Air 11" you will not get any hassles in carrying the computer. Without the size and the weight, in compare to Mac Book Pro it has a good screen size and resolution of 1366x768 Pixels, which is great for all kind of work like watching videos, playing games etc. Unlike other Mac Book Air, these 11 inch models also build in flash memories instead of hard disk drives, so the data processing speed is much higher than any laptop or desktop PC. Mac Book Air 11" comes with 128 GB Flash Memory and 2 GB of DDR3 RAM. It has an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3 MB L2 cache memory but if you are not satisfied with this processor you can also chose Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz processor. The full processor and other specifications are given at the end of the review.
- The Mac Book Air 11" is of weight 2.3 lb. (1.04 KG), hence it’s so much light to carry, you will not have to carry a 2~4 K laptops any more if you buy a Mac Book Air 11".
- Battery Life is approximately 5 hours, though is not too high but it’s better for doing some Internet or official jobs.
- Mac Book Air 11" comes with inbuilt Bluetooth 2.1 and 802.11 n Wi-Fi adapters, so you will get extra mobility in your new ultra slim PC.
- NVidia 320 M graphics helps to run video, games or other applications so much faster.
- Inbuilt face camera helps you have quick video chats over internet or wi-fi etc. You can video chat with wi-fi enabled Mac Books, iPads, new iPhone touch etc. directly.
- Boot time of Mac Book Air 11" is so much faster than Mac Book Pro or other netbooks; hence you will never have to wait for booting your system.
- In built speakers gives you real stereo quality sound experiences, so you will feel much better when listening to music, watching TV etc.
- The touch pad is built in gesture control, so you can do various jobs just moving your fingers over there. Here is few examples of gesture control:
Three Finger Dragging
With three-finger dragging enabled in System Preferences, position your pointer at the top of a window and brush three fingers along the Multi-Touch surface to drag it.
With your thumb and index finger positioned on the Multi-Touch surface, turn clockwise or counterclockwise to rotate an image.
- No power button comes in this Mac Book Air 11", only a Function button does the job of the power button.
- Two USB ports, so if you use some external devices such as mouse, hard drives then you may face lack of USB ports.
- No SD Card slot, so you will be unable to access you camera’s photos or other memory cards in your new PC.
- No DVD drives, you have to buy an external DVD drive to access your DVD or CD disks.
- Backlit keyboard is not available, so some times may face key finding problems!
- Battery life becomes smaller if you watch video or play music in your Mac Book Air 11".
- Dimension - 11.8 in (300 mm) wide x 7.56 in (192 mm) deep x 0.11 in (2.8 mm) – 0.68 in (17 mm) high
- Weight - 2.3 lb. (1.04 KG)
- Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo (SU9400) with 3 MB L2 Cache Memory
- Graphics Device - NVidia GeForce 320M 256 MB DDR3 SDRAM with Display Output Port
- Screen Resolution - 11.6", 1366x768 Pixels
- RAM - 2 GB DDR3 of 1066 MHz / 4 GB DDR3 of 1066 MHz
- Storage - 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB Flash Storage
- Keyboard - Gray Characters, Non-backlit
- Peripheral Connections - 2 USB Ports, 1 Headphone Jack
- Imaging Devices - Face Camera
- Optical Devices - None
- Battery - 35 Watt non removable Lithium-ion
- Connectivity - 802.11 n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1
Finally here comes the question whether you will buy your Mac Book Air or not. If you have a PC or big laptop then you can buy a Mac Book Air. In comparison to other laptops or netbooks Mac Book Air will give too small battery backup, so if you are planning long run time then this will not help you but If you are looking for a laptop only for small office jobs, browsing internet or blogging then you can buy a Mac Book Air. Also this device will better for you if you have to move with your laptop or netbook here n’ there. Except this, Mac Book Air boots too faster than other netbooks or Mac Book Pro, so you will never have to wait for booting your PC.