Need Help with C++ priogramming!
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me get an assignment done for my C++ programming class...I am completely lost & don't know what to do..I am a beginner (I don't undertsand anything at all)..
The following is the assignment:
You are the owner of a hardware store and need to keep an inventory that can tell you
- the different tools that you have,
- how many of each tool you have on hand,
- and the cost of each one.
Write a program that does the following:
- initializes a random access file called hardware.dat to 100 empty binary ‘records’,
- lets you input the data concerning each tool,
- enables you to list all of your tools,
- lets you delete a record for a tool that you no longer have,
- and lets you update any information in the file.
The tool identification number should be the record number.
- Create a class that represents a tool record.
- Create a class that represents a tools database.
- In main.cpp initialize your database to hold the following:
- Use a pointer to an fstream within the tools database to perform your I/O.
- Create a helper method in tools database that can skip to any record you want by index.
- You will use the helper method a lot.
If anyone is willing to help me get it done, I would highly appreciate it...