Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Windows (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/windows/)
-   -   Unlocking cmd.exe When It Is Locked By Admin (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/unlocking-cmdexe-locked-admin-t20994/)

Putnam 15Feb2010 09:53

Unlocking cmd.exe When It Is Locked By Admin

Running a Locked cmd.exe

*-This actually isn't written by me. It was written by a guy by the name of CamoDeveloper in my RSTips forums. I just wanted to share it here.

Well, I had to do this earlier today actually. I was at the library and was bored so I decided to have a little fun with Windows XP. They have a fairly cheap administrator tool on the computers, I just wanted to see how cheap. So, for starters you can't even use the "Run" tool or view the C: drive, but can access it if you use cmd.exe, the only problem is that they blocked it. So, how to get around that? Here's two fairly easy ways.

First Way

• Open up 'Notepad' or a similar text editor.
  • Type in "start" with no quotations.
  • Save it as a .bat file. i.e. fakecmd.exe
  • Double-click it to run.
That's the easiest way, but not always guaranteed to work. Here's a better way that will work

Second Way

• Open up your text editor.
  • Put the following:
    Code:

@echo off
      command
      comand.com
      pause

• Save it as a .bat file
  • Double-click it, and voila!
Now that I had that going, I was able to gain access to all of the C: drive. I then ran a net user batch file and added my user to the admin group giving me full control. I was tempted to format and install Ubuntu but decided not to. Didn't want to get arrested and go to jail for destroying government property. It was fun tho.

Anyway, that's about it, enjoy.

hanleyhansen 17Feb2010 08:18

Re: Unlocking cmd.exe When It Is Locked By Admin

Hilarious!

shabbir 2Mar2010 20:35

Nomination for Article of the month - Feb 2010 started. Nominate this article.

rahul_mawana 3Mar2010 13:37

if admin is locking cmd.exe(using registry) and if he is smart then he will also prevent to run a batch file by doing a simple change in registry then ur method won't work

shabbir 20Mar2010 10:18

Vote for this Article for Article of the month - Feb 2010

klaatu 12Apr2010 23:57

Liked the Ubuntu part....:)

RedRuby 15Nov2010 11:35

Hi! How if the administrator diabled the command prompt!
What i need to do to hack there administrator password, and change there password!

&ever 16Nov2010 05:04

I am getting sick of people who know nothing of PHP, CSS and anything HTML coming on here and looking for hacks. (sorry for that troll move but I had too say something.)

Now for the comment,
I enjoyed your sediment but it can be blocked as easily as 1,2,3 I suggest going through the internet looking for simple CMD commands and creating something on your own, helps a lot with new coders (assuming you are new at this.) And if the CMD is blocked try uploading a (custom script) onto a USB or CD Good luck.
Keep using G4E

mjhk 16May2011 17:37

thanks
great!!!!

jack0050 1Jun2011 13:53

thanks for sharing this nice info with us.