Web Developer Most Wanted
manages various wiki projects with the aim of promoting wiki communities. The Wikia community has grown to over 35 000 wikis since it launched in November 2004.
Join our small team and have a big impact on the development of Wikia and the MediaWiki open-source project. We are Wikia.com – an open-source company created by Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia.org: the most successful free culture site in the world. We believe in free software and free beer!
For our office in Poznań we are looking to fill the position
You will be a part of the team designing, developing, testing and deploying new features and improvements of the MediaWiki software for Wikia.
- Propose software design solutions and obtain consensus from senior and peer tech teams
- Create implementation prototypes based on design concepts
- Develop, test, and deploy new features and improvements to the MediaWiki core and to MediaWiki extensions
- Collaborate in designing and implementing QA processes including multi-lingual and performance tests
- Work closely with operations staff to ensure proper integration with testing and production systems
- Take responsibility for tasks to aid developing and working practices of Wikia.
- Be an active part of the overall Wikia team and help it achieve its overall objectives.
- 2+ years experience
- Excellent object-oriented PHP skills
- Experience with AJAX/HTML/CSS is required
- Experience with MediaWiki engine is a plus
- Self starter, able to demonstrate a pro-active approach. A desire to grow, learn and be challenged in a start-up environment.
- User knowledge of MediaWiki, Skype and RT is an advantage. (If you are an active Wikipedia or Wikia editor, please enclose your user name in the application).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective listening skills
- Confidence, verbal fluency
- Well organized and disciplined
- Able to balance technical solutions with time, cost and human factors
- Able to devote most of his or her time to planning and controlling
- Able to identify problems and to make decisions
- Must know how to build trust, promote team spirit
- Punctual, reliable and able/willing to work a flexible schedule
- A good sense of humor, an even temperament, and a flexible/adaptable nature
- Readiness to occasionally travel to the USA.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV, both in English to email@example.com