Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Help and Support (http://www.go4expert.com/community/help-and-support/)
-   -   Why hotnspicy was banned? (http://www.go4expert.com/community/hotnspicy-banned-t18649/)

mayjune 21Jul2009 19:45

Why hotnspicy was banned?
 
Hi,
I want to know why was hotnspicy banned? I didn't see any violation of rules he made?
Please clarify shabbir!!!
Thanks

shabbir 21Jul2009 20:33

Re: Why hotnspicy was banned?
 
He/She had multiple accounts

mayjune 22Jul2009 19:02

Re: Why hotnspicy was banned?
 
Saswat (MOD)-
Rules For Duplicate Accounts

If I find any member with duplicate accounts, I will ban both their accounts permanently , without any notice to them.

Shabbir - Yes and unless you are sure you can justify more than one account do not try to contact me as well


I just read these rules, & These rules were approved by you (as stated above), but according to that the other account should be banned, isn't it? Why isn't that banned then? Who's creating a multiple account here?

If you notice hotnspicy's stats
Total Posts: 45
Join Date: 07-06-2009

He/she has been doing this for quite a sometime (2 weeks to be specific), not only that HE/she has been using it without any shame or guilt. Is it enough just to ban HIS/her "another" account without doing anything about actual account? I mean what did he/she loose out of it? Nothing!! As the actual account is yet there!

If having multiple accounts without a valid reason is not allowed,
trying to create a multiple account shouldn't be allowed either! I don't see any reason as to why a person will have a multiple account with a valid reason!

What i am trying to say is, G4EF gotta be strict about things, if you let go one person easily today, tomorrow 10 more will come and say but you let go of that person, why you banning both my accounts? Or will you ban only one account even then?

If not having a valid reason to have multiple account you banned his/her other account, then I ask you what is the "valid" reason that you haven't banned him/her from using G4EF in the future at all? Why not ban him/her completely? I know you are the admin, you can do anything you like, but you can't let go of this person that easily...
I demand an explanation!

shabbir 22Jul2009 21:50

Re: Why hotnspicy was banned?
 
The first account would be banned immediately but if this continues one more time all his account should be banned.

Also if somebody is banned then the only person who can ask why he got banned is the person itself and it is even not needed to make public ( to maintain the respect ) because if someone does something which is not good he can be warned many ways including banned.

nimesh 22Jul2009 21:52

Re: Why hotnspicy was banned?
 
Quote:

Saswat (MOD)-
Rules For Duplicate Accounts

If I find any member with duplicate accounts, I will ban both their accounts permanently , without any notice to them.

Shabbir - Yes and unless you are sure you can justify more than one account do not try to contact me as well
I would like to ask if a user is banned, what all does that include?
Can he login?
View Forum and Comment?
Start new thread/article?

If he can login then he can contact Shabbir with the reason, and both the accounts can be banned

But if he cannot do anything then, 1 account should be banned and the other should be given warning and a timeline to justify with his reason.

shabbir 22Jul2009 22:03

Re: Why hotnspicy was banned?
 
He cannot do anything but just logout and use Contact Us option but thats not the issue.

Lets take a broader picture.

Someone did something and I banned his accounts and what is next step. Get a new email and start over with new username. So the main aim of banning is to stop someone from something that is not considered good and not block G4EF completely.

For completely blocking you from access this website we need more than this.

!Newbie! 23Jul2009 18:43

Re: Why hotnspicy was banned?
 
My 2 cents on this- First of all this is a pretty awesome site/forum. Lots of highly skilled individuals contribute in many ways. Am sure that the creators/moderators of this site/forum must have given it a thorough thought before framing the guidelines, rules and regulations. They are also pretty flexible when suggestions and feedbacks are given.
This I guess is done in the best interest of all who are using this site/forum in whatever way.
Banning a user/username would only encourage the person to create another user/username to access G4E, and completely blocking access is not a viable option.
I did not mean to offend anyone.

shabbir 23Jul2009 20:32

Re: Why hotnspicy was banned?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by !Newbie! (Post 53375)
My 2 cents on this- First of all this is a pretty awesome site/forum. Lots of highly skilled individuals contribute in many ways. Am sure that the creators/moderators of this site/forum must have given it a thorough thought before framing the guidelines, rules and regulations. They are also pretty flexible when suggestions and feedbacks are given.
This I guess is done in the best interest of all who are using this site/forum in whatever way.
Banning a user/username would only encourage the person to create another user/username to access G4E, and completely blocking access is not a viable option.
I did not mean to offend anyone.

Yes exactly.

SaswatPadhi 24Jul2009 13:09

Re: Why hotnspicy was banned?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mayjune (Post 53306)
What i am trying to say is, G4EF gotta be strict about things.

That's right and that's what this thread was all about .... but I can see it's dead now.

PS: It's strict in some cases like using "cunning" deserves -10 rep. But opening 1+ account....

mayjune 24Jul2009 13:30

Re: Why hotnspicy was banned?
 
drop it saswat, we made our point, rest is up to shabbir how he wants to tackle it....lets not raise this issue again...


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:33.