Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Help and Support (http://www.go4expert.com/community/help-and-support/)
-   -   Require some clarification (http://www.go4expert.com/community/require-some-clarification-t18116/)

SaswatPadhi 19Jun2009 23:38

Require some clarification

@ shabbir :
(1) Can you please clarify, how does the Rep Power of a user increase ?
(2) What is special with the "Warning" check box while giving infractions ?
Please explain in details.

Thanx.

shabbir 20Jun2009 09:48

Re: Require some clarification

If you get reputation from other members your reputation increases.
Its like Yellow Card in Football and if its not warning its Red Card.

SaswatPadhi 20Jun2009 13:10

My reputation increases if I receive reputation, but what about my Rep Power ??

shabbir 20Jun2009 14:56

Read this and if you still have some doubt do let me know and I would clarify them.

SaswatPadhi 20Jun2009 18:42

OK Got it :
Quote:

The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
Thans for the link :)

SaswatPadhi 2Jul2009 20:02

When I try to add reputation, many times I get the error :

Quote:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to <####> again
(1) I tried to distribute much reputation, but still I get the error ! Why ?? How much "exactly" should I distribute ??
(2) Why does this limit exist ?!? What are it's advantages ? Only a few "well-known" members make some useful posts so how can I distribute reputation to others ?? Arbitrarily !?!
(3) At least "mods" should not have this limit, 'cuz they are expected to know what they are doing.

shabbir 2Jul2009 20:58

The count was 10. I have reduced it to 5. So now you should repute 5 other members before you can give reputation to the same member.

Reputation is not based on user group but based on your reputation power and so if you still face the same problem we can reduce it more.

SaswatPadhi 3Jul2009 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbir (Post 51157)
The count was 10. I have reduced it to 5. So now you should repute 5 other members before you can give reputation to the same member.

Is this logical ?? I mean, why ? Why am I forced to repute 5 other members first and then repute the one who actually deserves !? :undecided :snobby: :worried:

Please decrease the count further ..

And, I think we should have a facility to see the recent reputations that we have added.
As we view the reputations received, I think we should also be able to view the reputations sent.

EDIT :: It's really hard to find 5 "different and deserving" members every-time.

shabbir 3Jul2009 13:33

I have disabled that error and let me know if its works as expected.

SaswatPadhi 17Jul2009 06:09

@shabbir

I just saw a new kind of Infraction : "Guideline Violation".

Could you please explain (may be with some examples), as when to give infraction for "Running up Post Count" (instead of "Spam") and "Guideline violation" (instead of "Not Allowed") ?