Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Ethical hacking Tips (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/ethical-hacking-tutorials/)
-   -   Get Any Microsoft Products for FREE!! (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/microsoft-products-free-t16338/)

indiansword 8Jul2009 04:25

Re: Get Any Microsoft Products for FREE!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayjune (Post 51715)
looks like you are gonna pull the scam to get there attention and get away with it huh? lol ;)

personally speaking, wether they fix it or not, let them decide, as a white hacker, you should report. Let them make the mistake not you...

Nah. I am not going to pull any scam, if i wanted that i would have done it a long time ago. Anyway. Now its not abou white hat or black hat, its just about responsiveness. Istead of feeling refused because of their un-responsiveness, i'd rather prefer to share it with friends. Anyway it was just an information peice of article. I tested it and it works. So its upto people want to use it or just pass it.

mayjune 8Jul2009 04:26

Quote:

As u said i should have reported this to microsoft, but to be honest with you mate, I can guarantee they wouldn't fix this issue unless someone really makes a big scam out of it.
looks like you are gonna pull the scam to get there attention and get away with it huh? lol ;)

udefined 12Jul2009 17:39

good fing friend and as i m new to this forums i dunno know much bout these forums but i can help you all in hacking

osiris 1.0 5May2010 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbir (Post 43474)
But you are stealing the PID from a person and so it would be anyway a law breaker and so you are bound to be caught

14 monthz later, i still dont trust this..

jeanlee411 14May2010 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpi0t0s (Post 43486)
Yay, way to get sacked when people find out. Operation Planner for 3 Australia, eh? And "I work as a manager in HP for north american customers". That's going to narrow down who you are fairly accurately.

This is theft, plain and simple. Actually depriving people of actual physical products that cost actual money to make. And since you didn't buy these products this makes you a liar as well.

This has absolutely nothing to do with ETHICAL hacking (FFS, some people really need to look up the word ETHICAL in a dictionary before being allowed to post bere) and IMHO this article and thread should be deleted as it gives go4Expert a bad name.

And yes, you can get caught. What happens when someone whose PID you've nicked faces this problem for real and asks for a replacement? They contact Microsoft, who say I see you've already done this once sir, followed by no I haven't and I want my replacement oh and by the way here's my proof of purchase, followed by OK let's see who was daft enough to give us their address for sending your replacement keyboard to, followed by a quick cross reference, followed by oh look, five keyboards and counting, this person is either very unlucky or a crook. And I bet HP are a Microsoft partner and you'll be in it up to your neck, so if they don't call the cops out (who probably couldn't be arsed) they'll have a word with the HP CEO and you'll be out on your ear.

Or maybe what if they just cross reference one address against the number of failures and compare that with the average failures/address, without being prompted by a duplicate request for a broken product?

So I hope your five $100 keyboards are of some comfort when you find yourself out of a job and unable to get another one in IT. Or in the slammer.

I agree with xpi0t0s this has to be illegal because your making your self pass as the legitimate owner of the product which is lying and deceit and impersonation. Also by saying you owned one and lost it or broke it your claiming false ownership for personal benefit and to gain a profit for something you don't have or own which is illegal.

Arguntom 28May2010 03:22

Wow this is kinda useful but then again unlawful. I would have to think about using that method of gaining free items. Nobody here has said that your method is not legit so i have no doubts that it doesnt work but, it is still unlawful and technically unethical.

hemal08ce094 30Dec2010 14:17

it is complete unethical man!!!!!
if we caught then our carrier had finished man!!!!!!!so i am not going to try this one!!!!

xray2403 3Sep2012 11:42

where can i find the pid number ?

I've got this message resend from the seller :

You're going to have to help me in finding it...Is it one of the numbers on the base of the mouse? I presume you are referring to the product ID. Which number in particular are you interested in? I have FCC ID: C3K1352...That the one? Let me know. Cheers

Please help me!

xray2403 11May2013 04:07

Hello,

You wrote this:

I work as a manager in HP for north american customers, so i have been hanging around in this field since a long time. So just by a little research i managed to find the bug!

Does it mean that for HP products this "tric" also could work ?

xray2403