Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Unix (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/unix-forum/)
-   -   root access (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/root-access-t15709/)

cpulocksmith 3Jan2009 05:09

root access
is there a way to give an account other then root, root access? permanently? because i have many files that i need root access to edit and it is driving me nuts, not being about to put stuff in some files and not being able to take them out of others.

divinequran 4Jan2009 22:31

Re: root access
If you are a linux user you can use PAM to give such permissions

sharmila 11Jan2009 18:51

Re: root access
If you and the superuser are in a group then the superuser can grant access..
1. Login as root..
2. change the permissions of the files to 777 chmode -r 0777 .. it will change the permissions recurssively.. If you don't want for others then give 770 instead of 777..

shabbir 11Jan2009 19:08

Re: root access
I guess its chmod -R 777 and not -r but both may work but not sure of

sharmila 11Jan2009 19:14

Re: root access
Thanks Shabbir.. Ya.. -R is correct.. even I am also not sure whether -r will work not not.. I remeber 'r' for recurssive.. so menctioned as -r.. sorry for that...

All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:09.