Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Ethical hacking Tips (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/ethical-hacking-tutorials/)
-   -   Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!! (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/unthinkable-hacking-techniques-t14845/)

Bhullarz 28Oct2008 23:03

Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Hi Guys ! I am posting this article for those who use pirated softwares. Because this is the time to stop using pirated softwares. You can't even imagine what your loss can be if you are using your PC for professional purposes.

Usually we download softwares from various forums/boards which provides cracks or keygens. These keygens are not only keygens but most of the time small server programs (hack tool) which transfers your sensitive data over internet to someone. If you are using Windows Firewall , it is quite easy to bypass the windows firewall. you won;t be able to know that your data is being sent over the internet. and Same thing goes for the CRACKS also. Spreading trojans is quite easy by providing game cracks or some full screen applications. Because user won't be able to know what is going on behind the fullscreen. So beware of using cracks and keygens. Your antivirus may or may not detect such malware. Now a days viruses are created more rapidly than detected.

Another MOST DANGEROUS HACKING TECHNIQUE is quite undetectable. You know what are you type in browser's address bar is resolved by your ISP's Domain Name Servers. What if your request goes to a hackers's machine first and then goes to ISP. Yes, this is possible a simple VBSCRIPT or WSH Script can do the trick. you won't be able to know that you are being watched or you are being traced. No firewall or no anti-hacking tool wil help you. Usually such scripts might be available as registration scripts for some kind of softwares.

Now About Windows XP users, this operating system's services are available through internet which can be very dangerous. Do you that by default you are all drives are ready to share data over network. Another thing is TERMINAL SERVICES which allows multiple users on a single machine. It means if you are working on your machine, if someone can log in to your machine remotely and you won't be alerted.

If you are downloading Operating Systems from Internet. Then take care that you download from trusted sources only. Cause it is very easy to embed some tracking code into your OS Images which can not be detected later on by any security software.

If you are using LINUX Operating Systems, it is highly recommeded that you use the softwares from trusted sources only otherwise you can be hacked or can cause damage to your machine.

Another good hacking tool is sniffer which is used by network administrator. It scans the network traffic and can filter sensitive information like passwords, credit card numbers etc. So if you are using credit cards at cafes so beware. you can be victim.

neo_vi 29Oct2008 15:30

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
ya really. All (most of them) the keygens and cracks that i download will caught in the AV. All are server programs (trojan -RAT tool) which is capable of controlling our system remotely. if ur PC is connected with net make sure u do all the AV updates. Its better to install 2 firewalls.

SpOonWiZaRd 30Oct2008 19:27

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Get a linux firewall that only allows outbound traffic and now inbound traffic (If you are really paranoid). I dont care really, I find stuff like that I format all my stuff is on another HDD.

Bhullarz 31Oct2008 00:37

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
I found another hacking technique which is quite popular now a days that is USING VIDEO SITES, TROJANS are delivered to your pc. Yes, by visiting a video site, if you download the codec to view the video, you can install a server on your machine.

These technique uses a software called DOWNLOADER which is basically a small client which receives malware on your machine, if installed. Usually if some link is taking you to some page with VIDEO PLAYER but you are not able to view the video ( and you will not able to view the video for sure, because there is no video for you, just an outfit of a video player is there), website will ask you to download the CODEC ( small piece of software which enables the machine to play different types of media files). Actually this will not be a codec, but a trojan program which will be installed on your machine. Now the person who is having server for this DOWNLOADER, can send any kind of malware to your machine. It works like a door for HACKER. Now HACKER can not only retrieve your personal data but also can test his/her viruses on your machine. It helps HACKER to always update his VIRUS before your anti-virus start recognizing the virus.
This is damn good way of spreading viruses and now a days FACEBOOK and GOOGLE are really fighting with this problem. According to CNET News , on your facebook, you will receive a message which will contain google link to view a video, when you click on link, it will take you to some non-google page and ask you to download codec to view the video. and in above mentioned way DOWNLOADER will be installed on your machine.

So, BEWARE ALL FACEBOOK USERS. IF YOU ARE RECEIVING SUCH MESSAGES , DON'T FOLLOW THEM.

news reference :
Code:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10078353-83.html

neo_vi 31Oct2008 13:00

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
I too encountered similar things like this video codec. Even if all the codecs are installed in our system it will say that "wmv codec not installed" or some error like this. If we click that ......... Trojan installed in our system. But experienced net users will be aware of these things.
Good info for beginners..

XXxxImmortalxxXX 2Nov2008 20:56

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
yes its true but that why u have to be smart about what u download if u cant find a patched software or a serial key for the program then think smart about downloading keygens i guess i get lucky because everytime i download one i never got a virus ...................YET at least lol

Bhullarz 3Nov2008 06:45

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXxxImmortalxxXX
yes its true but that why u have to be smart about what u download if u cant find a patched software or a serial key for the program then think smart about downloading keygens i guess i get lucky because everytime i download one i never got a virus ...................YET at least lol


May be there can be another case, you got the virus but your antivirus was already disabled by another virus. So, no virus got detected. ;-)

XXxxImmortalxxXX 3Nov2008 07:38

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Naw i can assure u 100% thats not the case

Bhullarz 3Nov2008 08:32

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXxxImmortalxxXX
Naw i can assure u 100% thats not the case

So, I wish you gud luck bro in that case.

neo_vi 3Nov2008 11:38

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhullarz
May be there can be another case, you got the virus but your antivirus was already disabled by another virus. So, no virus got detected. ;-)

This can't happen when u re smart than the virus program. I've all the keygens and cracks but i'll archive it and protect it with a password. there are many other techniques too.. :lipsrseal

Bhullarz 4Nov2008 07:11

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi
This can't happen when u re smart than the virus program. I've all the keygens and cracks but i'll archive it and protect it with a password. there are many other techniques too.. :lipsrseal

Archiving the keygens is different thing and using them is another aspect. If you have to use a keygen, you must have to extract, means it will come out of archive, will enter into system's memory, where it can go with its ill-works.

I tell you the best way to test various softwares or testing various untrusted softwares (keygens use or patched ) on your machine. Just use VIRTUALBOX (by SUN Microsystems). Try all untrusted softwares firstly in Virtual Windows, if everything seems fine, then try it in your real time operating system.

Virtual Box allows you to run another operating system like Windows XP,Windows Vista, Linux, Apple's OS, Sun's OS with in your windows like any other application software.

neo_vi 4Nov2008 10:28

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
If u re beginner u should be worried about the trojan getting into systems memory and all sorts of stuff. If u know how to handle it, then u re the master and it's a slave. It doesn't goes to system's memory as quickly as u said. So, no need of virtual box. just use ur mind box (Presence of mind is enough)..

Bhullarz 4Nov2008 15:16

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi
If u re beginner u should be worried about the trojan getting into systems memory and all sorts of stuff. If u know how to handle it, then u re the master and it's a slave. It doesn't goes to system's memory as quickly as u said. So, no need of virtual box. just use ur mind box (Presence of mind is enough)..

Bro ! Why don't you share working knowledge here regarding using these trojans ? It would be good for all.

neo_vi 5Nov2008 13:55

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
handling it doesn't mean a very great thing. U can actually monitor ur system using a firewall. If the trojan starts to connect to any other remote computer or so, it'll definitely open a port. That will be indicated by the firewall, then u can arrest that. simple

pradeep 5Nov2008 16:58

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Bhullarz is very right, have a good anti-virus software and never download OSes from the internet!

Bhullarz 7Nov2008 07:07

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi
handling it doesn't mean a very great thing. U can actually monitor ur system using a firewall. If the trojan starts to connect to any other remote computer or so, it'll definitely open a port. That will be indicated by the firewall, then u can arrest that. simple

Yes, Firewall can help you.but........
Bro, If you have studied the behavior of TROJANS, there are many of them which are coded to bypass your FIREWALL settings. If you are programmer and has done some network programming, you must be aware that how difficult is it to bypass Windows Xp's firewall and if you are hacker, you will be knowing there are many way to bypass even 3rd party firewalls too.
So, firewall won't help you always. You need to be aware what is happening to your system.

neo_vi 7Nov2008 14:19

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
I too studied about the behavior of trojans and all. But i think u re not so familiar with that. Whenever a file needs to access internet, A good AV like kasersky will ask the user that " this process tries to connect with the internet and asks for the option "Allow or Block". So u can very well decide whether to allow it or not. Jus download any trojans and check that with a good antivirus with up to date database.

XXxxImmortalxxXX 7Nov2008 21:51

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
well there are some oses u can download from the internet such as Linux for example


my favorite ( Backtrack) which you can download at remote-exploit forums or something like tat

Bhullarz 8Nov2008 09:05

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi
I too studied about the behavior of trojans and all. But i think u re not so familiar with that. Whenever a file needs to access internet, A good AV like kasersky will ask the user that " this process tries to connect with the internet and asks for the option "Allow or Block". So u can very well decide whether to allow it or not. Jus download any trojans and check that with a good antivirus with up to date database.

Think of a program which connects to internet For example FTP Client, which needs access to internet to make uploads/downloads but someone has attached TROJAN with it, which uses FTP Client's processes to communicate with some server. What you gonna do now? Kaspersky will show that FTP Client processes are trying to access internet, Won't you allow those processes if you want to upload you website? If you block any process to access internet, your software will not work, or if you allow it will activate the trojan.
Trojan is still undetected by your antivirus program.
Kindly solve this problem, neo_vi.

neo_vi 8Nov2008 11:49

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
If some one has packed a trojan with an ftp client, the setup file or the ftp client's executable file will be detected in the antivirus. So u don't need to worry about that.

neo_vi 8Nov2008 11:55

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXxxImmortalxxXX
well there are some oses u can download from the internet such as Linux for example


my favorite ( Backtrack) which you can download at remote-exploit forums or something like tat

Backtrack is a very good linux distro. I downloaded it mate. But i can't utilise all the tools cos, i don't know how to use it. Do u have any tutorials regarding that.

Bhullarz 8Nov2008 16:14

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi
If some one has packed a trojan with an ftp client, the setup file or the ftp client's executable file will be detected in the antivirus. So u don't need to worry about that.


If anti-viruses are as good as you are saying then you should read the news.
A trojan lasted for 3 years, infected the PCs, collected the details of 500,000 Financial Accounts. Google about "SINOWAL Trojan".
Viruses/trojans are created more rapidly than it is detected by any GOOOD Anti-Virus Program.

Bhullarz 8Nov2008 16:17

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXxxImmortalxxXX
well there are some oses u can download from the internet such as Linux for example


my favorite ( Backtrack) which you can download at remote-exploit forums or something like tat

Backtrack is for those who love to test the limits of security. Its a damn packed with lots of tools Linux DISTRO.

NDL 9Nov2008 09:00

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
wht about ksapersky?is it bad too ?

neo_vi 10Nov2008 12:27

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhullarz (Post 38671)
If anti-viruses are as good as you are saying then you should read the news.
A trojan lasted for 3 years, infected the PCs, collected the details of 500,000 Financial Accounts. Google about "SINOWAL Trojan".
Viruses/trojans are created more rapidly than it is detected by any GOOOD Anti-Virus Program.

"And the fact that the Trojan was managed by one group through its history and maintained for nearly three years is also very unusual" Its not my words. See this link
http://www.circleid.com/posts/200810...eware_created/
So sometimes it rarely happens. But if u know the normal operation of a computer u'll definitely come to know the trojan combined operation (most of the time). Now a days anti vruses have become so powerful , with advanced heuristics it can trace any trojan. So no need to worry about a system unless it is a webserver or something that contains valuable informations.

neo_vi 10Nov2008 12:33

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NDL (Post 38690)
wht about ksapersky?is it bad too ?

not bad. Its better than other AV's. but in some systems it produces BSOD. (in my system). so they have to fix some compatibility issues.

NDL 11Nov2008 14:33

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi (Post 38725)
not bad. Its better than other AV's. but in some systems it produces BSOD. (in my system). so they have to fix some compatibility issues.

what the best AV U SUGGEST ?

neo_vi 11Nov2008 15:07

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NDL (Post 38764)
what the best AV U SUGGEST ?

Kaspersky (if ur system doesn't get BSOD)
Avira anti vir premium

NDL 11Nov2008 15:12

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi (Post 38767)
Kaspersky (if ur system doesn't get BSOD)
Avira anti vir premium

oki il see about Avira anti vir premium

neo_vi 11Nov2008 15:23

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
k. Also take a look at the new "Kaspersky anti hacker". I haven't used that. So I'm not sure how good it is.

Bhullarz 11Nov2008 22:03

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi (Post 38724)
"And the fact that the Trojan was managed by one group through its history and maintained for nearly three years is also very unusual" Its not my words. See this link
http://www.circleid.com/posts/200810...eware_created/
So sometimes it rarely happens. But if u know the normal operation of a computer u'll definitely come to know the trojan combined operation (most of the time). Now a days anti vruses have become so powerful , with advanced heuristics it can trace any trojan. So no need to worry about a system unless it is a webserver or something that contains valuable informations.

Sometimes extra powerful anti-viruses can give you false warnings. Kaspersky is good example for this. I just developed an application which connects to internet to see if update is available and notify the status. But kaspersky alerted it as Downloader trojan. I was surprised. then I used avira and ESET. they didn't give any warning.
So, I don't trust anti-viruses much, but believe in my ways to handle.
Precaution is better than cure.

reddyschintu 12Nov2008 00:11

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
ok you are right i accept what u said but as we technically know how the code works we have to decode the transfer code and use it for cracks ,so that no data will be transferred from our system ..here the matter is forums giving us cracking code we have to utilize it off course some websites provide trojans but removing trojans is dead easy now a days

neo_vi 12Nov2008 10:46

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

but removing trojans is dead easy now a days
Nice mate. Thats wat i'm saying for many days, but this guy is not understanding that thing.
:clap:

neo_vi 12Nov2008 10:52

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhullarz (Post 38785)
Sometimes extra powerful anti-viruses can give you false warnings. Kaspersky is good example for this. I just developed an application which connects to internet to see if update is available and notify the status. But kaspersky alerted it as Downloader trojan. I was surprised. then I used avira and ESET. they didn't give any warning.
So, I don't trust anti-viruses much, but believe in my ways to handle.
Precaution is better than cure.

So u won't even believe microsoft, if its the case u have to develop ur own OS and use it. VISTA or XP may be packed with backdoors to see whether they have linux installed in their systems and delete the linux partitions. so u don't get any OS, jus develop ur own and allow us to use it. Pls don't pack any trojans in ur OS..:cryin:

neo_vi 12Nov2008 11:08

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhullarz (Post 38785)
Sometimes extra powerful anti-viruses can give you false warnings. Kaspersky is good example for this. I just developed an application which connects to internet to see if update is available and notify the status. But kaspersky alerted it as Downloader trojan. I was surprised. then I used avira and ESET. they didn't give any warning.
So, I don't trust anti-viruses much, but believe in my ways to handle.
Precaution is better than cure.

U might have heard of Sysinternals suite, here is the download link.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ls-Suite.shtml
In this there is a tool named "procmon" -- process monitor,which has the ability to monitor the registry keys, file handling issues, Network control . So if any think goes wrong, we can fix by our own. so u can download anything from the net provided u must know how to get rid of viruses and trojans. :p

Bhullarz 12Nov2008 19:30

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi (Post 38832)
U might have heard of Sysinternals suite, here is the download link.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...ls-Suite.shtml
In this there is a tool named "procmon" -- process monitor,which has the ability to monitor the registry keys, file handling issues, Network control . So if any think goes wrong, we can fix by our own. so u can download anything from the net provided u must know how to get rid of viruses and trojans. :p

Do you think a normal user who is not from COMPUTERS background can decide which process is useful and which is harmful. using SYSINTERNALS suites quite handy task but need lots of care. If everyone could use it, there would be no department named as TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

reddyschintu 12Nov2008 22:27

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
two fire walls never matter becoz they are programmed with same techniques and codings so it never matters

neo_vi 14Nov2008 14:37

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Code:

                Commonly Used Trojan Ports


        port  21 - Blade Runner, Doly Trojan, Fore, Invisible FTP, WebEx, WinCrash
        port  23 - Tiny Telnet Server
        port  25 - Antigen, Email Password Sender, Haebu Coceda, Shtrilitz
                    Stealth, Terminator, WinPC, WinSpy
        port  31 - Hackers Paradise
        port  80 - Executor
        port  456 - Hackers Paradise
        port  555 - Ini-Killer, Phase Zero, Stealth Spy
        port  666 - Satanz Backdoor
        port  1001 - Silencer, WebEx
        port  1011 - Doly Trojan
        port  1170 - Psyber Stream Server, Voice
        port  1234 - Ultors Trojan
        port  1245 - VooDoo Doll
        port  1492 - FTP99CMP
        port  1600 - Shivka-Burka
        port  1807 - SpySender
        port  1981 - Shockrave
        port  1999 - BackDoor
        port  2001 - Trojan Cow
        port  2023 - Ripper
        port  2115 - Bugs
        port  2140 - Deep Throat, The Invasor
        port  2801 - Phineas Phucker
        port  3024 - WinCrash
        port  3129 - Masters Paradise
        port  3150 - Deep Throat, The Invasor
        port  3700 - Portal of Doom
        port  4092 - WinCrash
        port  4590 - ICQTrojan
        port  5000 - Sockets de Troie
        port  5001 - Sockets de Troie
        port  5321 - Firehotcker
        port  5400 - Blade Runner
        port  5401 - Blade Runner
        port  5402 - Blade Runner
        port  5569 - Robo-Hack
        port  5742 - WinCrash
        port  6670 - DeepThroat
        port  6771 - DeepThroat
        port  6969 - GateCrasher, Priority
        port  7000 - Remote Grab
        port  7300 - NetMonitor
        port  7301 - NetMonitor
        port  7306 - NetMonitor
        port  7307 - NetMonitor
        port  7308 - NetMonitor
        port  7789 - ICKiller
        port  9872 - Portal of Doom
        port  9873 - Portal of Doom
          port  9874 - Portal of Doom
        port  9875 - Portal of Doom
        port  9989 - iNi-Killer
        port 10167 - Portal of Doom
        port 11000 - Senna Spy
        port 11223 - Progenic trojan
        port 12223 - Hack´99 KeyLogger
        port 12345 - GabanBus, NetBus
        port 12346 - GabanBus, NetBus
        port 12361 - Whack-a-mole
        port 12362 - Whack-a-mole
        port 16969 - Priority
        port 20001 - Millennium
        port 20034 - NetBus 2 Pro
        port 21544 - GirlFriend
        port 22222 - Prosiak
        port 23456 - Evil FTP, Ugly FTP
        port 26274 - Delta
        port 31337 - Back Orifice
        port 31338 - Back Orifice, DeepBO
        port 31339 - NetSpy DK
        port 31666 - BOWhack
        port 33333 - Prosiak
        port 34324 - BigGluck, TN
        port 40412 - The Spy
        port 40421 - Masters Paradise
        port 40422 - Masters Paradise
        port 40423 - Masters Paradise
        port 40426 - Masters Paradise
        port 47262 - Delta
        port 50505 - Sockets de Troie
        port 50766 - Fore
        port 53001 - Remote Windows Shutdown
        port 61466 - Telecommando
        port 65000 - Devil

Hope this will help the beginners.

Bhullarz 14Nov2008 18:26

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Thanks NEO_VI for this useful info for all. I hope SOME KNOWN Trojans can be recognized now by beginners too.
Just use
Code:

netstat -a
to know what ports are in use on your computer.

Bhullarz 14Nov2008 18:32

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by reddyschintu (Post 38786)
ok you are right i accept what u said but as we technically know how the code works we have to decode the transfer code and use it for cracks ,so that no data will be transferred from our system ..here the matter is forums giving us cracking code we have to utilize it off course some websites provide trojans but removing trojans is dead easy now a days

I can tell you one thing trojan is not just piece of code which can be downloaded through other softwares. Sometimes, some websites do spread trojans. Just visiting them can cause your machine infected. There are lots of hackers who do this. They just find the bugs in the server software and transfer their malicious code to server and whenever a visitor comes to the website, he can be infected. Usually premium editions of anti-viruses have online security system which can detect these but the free anti-viruses usually doesn't have such tools. They can be infected.

Rest you talked about decoding the code, i couldn't get you. Can u explain that?


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:04.