Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Ethical hacking Tips (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/ethical-hacking-tutorials/)
-   -   Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!! (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/unthinkable-hacking-techniques-t14845/)

neo_vi 8Nov2008 11:55

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXxxImmortalxxXX
well there are some oses u can download from the internet such as Linux for example


my favorite ( Backtrack) which you can download at remote-exploit forums or something like tat

Backtrack is a very good linux distro. I downloaded it mate. But i can't utilise all the tools cos, i don't know how to use it. Do u have any tutorials regarding that.

Bhullarz 8Nov2008 16:14

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi
If some one has packed a trojan with an ftp client, the setup file or the ftp client's executable file will be detected in the antivirus. So u don't need to worry about that.


If anti-viruses are as good as you are saying then you should read the news.
A trojan lasted for 3 years, infected the PCs, collected the details of 500,000 Financial Accounts. Google about "SINOWAL Trojan".
Viruses/trojans are created more rapidly than it is detected by any GOOOD Anti-Virus Program.

Bhullarz 8Nov2008 16:17

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXxxImmortalxxXX
well there are some oses u can download from the internet such as Linux for example


my favorite ( Backtrack) which you can download at remote-exploit forums or something like tat

Backtrack is for those who love to test the limits of security. Its a damn packed with lots of tools Linux DISTRO.

NDL 9Nov2008 09:00

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
wht about ksapersky?is it bad too ?

neo_vi 10Nov2008 12:27

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhullarz (Post 38671)
If anti-viruses are as good as you are saying then you should read the news.
A trojan lasted for 3 years, infected the PCs, collected the details of 500,000 Financial Accounts. Google about "SINOWAL Trojan".
Viruses/trojans are created more rapidly than it is detected by any GOOOD Anti-Virus Program.

"And the fact that the Trojan was managed by one group through its history and maintained for nearly three years is also very unusual" Its not my words. See this link
http://www.circleid.com/posts/200810...eware_created/
So sometimes it rarely happens. But if u know the normal operation of a computer u'll definitely come to know the trojan combined operation (most of the time). Now a days anti vruses have become so powerful , with advanced heuristics it can trace any trojan. So no need to worry about a system unless it is a webserver or something that contains valuable informations.

neo_vi 10Nov2008 12:33

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NDL (Post 38690)
wht about ksapersky?is it bad too ?

not bad. Its better than other AV's. but in some systems it produces BSOD. (in my system). so they have to fix some compatibility issues.

NDL 11Nov2008 14:33

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi (Post 38725)
not bad. Its better than other AV's. but in some systems it produces BSOD. (in my system). so they have to fix some compatibility issues.

what the best AV U SUGGEST ?

neo_vi 11Nov2008 15:07

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NDL (Post 38764)
what the best AV U SUGGEST ?

Kaspersky (if ur system doesn't get BSOD)
Avira anti vir premium

NDL 11Nov2008 15:12

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo_vi (Post 38767)
Kaspersky (if ur system doesn't get BSOD)
Avira anti vir premium

oki il see about Avira anti vir premium

neo_vi 11Nov2008 15:23

Re: Unthinkable Hacking Techniques !!!
 
k. Also take a look at the new "Kaspersky anti hacker". I haven't used that. So I'm not sure how good it is.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:57.