Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Gadget Analysis (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/gadgets/)
-   -   dvd drive problems please, need help (http://www.go4expert.com/forums/dvd-drive-help-t12844/)

cpulocksmith 11Aug2008 01:57

dvd drive problems please, need help

ok well this is kinda imbarising and kinda stupid and i do not fully understand what happened but here we go.i bought a new toshiba laptop. (me = happy) but i was delleting all the crap that came on the desktop like norton trial and all that crap. so click del, click del, click del. and i was done. i thought i would celabrate my victory by watching a movie.(ghost in the shell) i poped it in my dvd drive and to my disapointment. nothing. it was working i installed some games and stuff. i tryed some other disks but nothing. it was dead!... so i went in to the divice manager and saw that there was a problem with it. "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" i thought that all i had to do was get a driver for it. and i still think that. but i looked and looked but i never was good at finding drivers. that might not even be the problem i just read that and asumed that my new found friend the laptop would not lie to me. so here is some info on the dvd rw.

------------------------------------------
device status = Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
name = pioneer dvd-rw dvrkd08a ata device
driver provider = microsoft

if more info is needed then please let me know. and please help me fix him.

cpulocksmith 11Aug2008 04:36

Re: dvd drive problems please, need help

ok an update i dont know exacly what this means but i think i have an idea but when ever i run toshiba dvd player it says that my dvd drive is not even connected to my computer!!!!

neo_vi 18Aug2008 17:07

try to repair the OS. U'll be getting it.

SpOonWiZaRd 6Oct2008 14:56

Do you have a driver disk for that laptop? Is it still under warranty? did you ever uninstall anything like DVD-RAM driver?

SpOonWiZaRd 6Oct2008 14:57

I also have a toshiba, what kind do you have?

neo_vi 6Oct2008 17:16

better re install XP

SpOonWiZaRd 6Oct2008 17:22

Or that if all fails....

neo_vi 6Oct2008 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpOonWiZaRd
Or that if all fails....

If it fails.. Whats next?

SpOonWiZaRd 6Oct2008 17:59

Then he should do what you said reinstall XP, that is why I said "Or that if all fails..."

Maxx 6Jan2009 10:39

Hi, I had the same problem "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". Here's what I did to fix it.
1. restore the computer to a previous time that I know the dvd drive was working.
2. Copy all the cd driver and save it to a flash drive.
C:\windows\system32\drivers\cdfs.sys
C:\windows\system32\drivers\cdr4_xp.sys
C:\windows\system32\drivers\cdralw2k.sys
C:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys
C:\windows\system32\drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
C:\windows\system32\drivers\pxhelp20.sys
C:\windows\system32\drivers\tdcmdpst.sys
3. Undo the restore.
4. Copy the cd driver back to the system32 folder, replacing the corrupted ones.
5. In device Manager, disable the dvd drive and then re-enable it again and it's back to normal.