Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Go4Expert Announcements (http://www.go4expert.com/news/go4expert-announcements/)
-   -   Support open source (http://www.go4expert.com/news/support-open-source-t1211/)

shabbir 15Aug2006 18:02

Support open source

www.go4expert.com has decided to support the open source projects mainly at sourceforge.net. What ever is the income of go4expert.com a part will be made towards funding the open source projects. I would like to keep the numbers only to us as that could lead to lots of unnecessary questions.

Here are the requirements for your project to qualify for Go4Expert's support

1. The project must have a website (Where we can contact you).
2. You must place an acknowledgment / list of each donation on your site.
3. Your project must be currently active and have produced a product.
4. Your product must be released under a free open source software license and this must be stated somewhere on your site.
5. You must have a PayPal address or PayPal service that donations can be sent to.

We have started with supporting DOxygen and soon we will be moving towards other sites to make the donations.

If you are involved by any means with any open source project and think that your site can qualify for donations do nominate your project for donation.

If you are looking to support the open source community through Go4Expert PM Me

Rickard Andersson 16Aug2006 02:57

Re: Support open source

Hi everyone,

My name is Rickard Andersson and I'm the lead developer for the open source discussion board PunBB. I just thought I'd pop in and let you guys know that PunBB just received a donation from go4expert. Thanks a bunch guys!

Best regards,
Rickard

smiley73 18Aug2006 04:10

Hi,

this is Heiko Zuerker, project lead of Devil-Linux.
I also just received a donation from go4expert, which is very much appreciated.

Thanks !
Heiko

tamlyn 18Aug2006 18:59

Hi there. I'm tamlyn, lead developer of singapore. We too have received a donation from go4expert. Thanks!

This initiative looks very similar to another from which we have recently received a donation. I can only hope that this is a sign of things to come where companies big and small recognise that it is in their interests to encourage open source software development. Thanks again :)

dsandras 18Aug2006 20:31

Hi!

I'm the lead developer of Ekiga .

I hereby confirm a donation.

Damien

vdanen 19Aug2006 00:21

I'm just posting to note that Annvix received a donation from go4expert and is very grateful for the support. Thank you!

jdike 11Sep2006 19:29

Ditto for UML

Thanks!

Jeff

dreichl 25Oct2006 17:04

The KeePass Password Safe project has received a donation from Go4Expert, too! Thanks a lot! :)

Best regards
Dominik

mika 9Nov2006 03:22

Ditto for grml.

Thanks!

-mika-

Tomasz 29Nov2006 15:00

The ClamAV project has received a PayPal donation from Go4Expert. Thanks.