Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Ethical hacking Tips (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/ethical-hacking-tutorials/)
-   -   Basic BIOS password crack (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/basic-bios-password-crack-t114/)

Darren71 13Aug2009 03:50

Re: Basic BIOS password crack

Anyone have an Idea how to get pass a bios password for an ASUS M51sn
I have tried all the passwords on the first page, pulled the laptop apart and not found a cmos battery to remove, bought a program to reset cmos - which reset the cmos clock and maybe the default settings but didn't clear the password .. any help appericiated

naimish 13Aug2009 08:32

Simple thing I remember is get out BIOS battery, through it on land, again put it back, it will works :D

Darren71 13Aug2009 11:49

I have pulled the laptop apart (as much as i could) looking for a battery but couldn't find one, i believe it maybe a soldered unit on the motherboard

!Newbie! 13Aug2009 18:10

have you tried looking at jumper configuration for CMOS, else removing the battery and keeping it away for some time would actually reset the CMOS to factory settings and erase BIOS settings.

Darren71 14Aug2009 14:12

Yeah I've tried to find a jumper set on it.. I will leave the battery out for a week and see how it goes, Took it back to the store they don't want to know about it .. told them I paid $2200 for a laptop with a password stopping me from changing setting i need to change.. they called ASUS and all they say is yeah we can reset it but its gonna cost you $100 plus frieght to send it interstate for a password they left/set on it.. getting very frustrated with it all :beadyeyes

dunnthat 2Sep2009 20:51

I have a dell inspiron 9300 which I got in trade for some work I did for someone. How he got it I have no idea. when I turn it on it asks for the bios password. Is there a backdoor password that can be used?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SaswatPadhi 3Sep2009 19:00

@dunnthat :
Each Dell Inspiron has a master password which will clear the BIOS password. You can get this number by calling Dell Technical Support at (800)624-9896.

Dell Technical Support will request the Service Tag and Express Service Code from the bottom of your Inspiron.

If you were not the original owner of the Inspiron, Dell will transfer registration of the used Inspiron from the original owner with only the Service Tag and Express Service Code from the tag on the laptop.

alidabiri 4Sep2009 19:58

hi,
i have a dell inspiron 1000 with a bios password that shows up when you turn it on. can somebody help me remove this password, please?
thanks.

CrackMe 12Sep2009 22:16

You should try all the universal bios passwords available for your BIOS manufacturer. If that doesn't help, flash the BIOS and see if it helps.

peixinho 18Sep2009 13:04

hi all

i have this problem !!

MY FRIEND HAS A NOTEBBOK PRESARIO COMPAQ 2516EA AND WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 1 I TRIED TO INSTALL A NEW SO SERVICE PACK 2 AND WANTED TO DELETE ALL THE BEFORE ON THE DISK HAVING ONLY 40 GB AVAIABLE .... SO I GET THIS MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO BOOT ... pxe-e61:media test failure check cable .. ??

I TRY TO GO TO BIOS AND SEE IF HARD DISCK WAS FINDED AND ASKING ME FOR A PASSWORD ASKED MY FRIEND SHE DISN'T INSERT ANY PASSWORD OR DOESN'T REMEMBER YOU KNOW WOMEN HEHEHE AND SO I CAN CONFIGURE THE BIOS OR ENTER BELIEVE ME I ALREADY TRIED ALL BACK DOORS PASSWORD , BUT STILL I CAN'T GET IN IS THERE A PROGRAM THAT I CAN RUN RESETING THE PASSWORD OF BIOS AND TRY TO RECONFIGURE THE NOTEBOOK ??

NOTE THAT I ALREADY TAKE OUT THE BATTERY OF BIOS LEFT FOR ONE NIGHT WITH OUT NO HARDWARE CONECTED HDD, BATTERY, ETC

I DON'T KNOW WHAT MORE TO DO !!
PLEASE IF SOMEONE KNOWS A PROGRAM TO RUN ON A USB I APRECIATE THE HELP !!

BEST REGARDS

ARTUR PEIXINHO

arturpeixinho@hotmail.it

WraithTDK 30Sep2009 11:13

This is driving me nuts. I'm trying to get past the bios/hard drive password on an Inspiron 6000. I've tried all the less drastic measures, and now I'm down to shorting the bios with a paperclip. I've done it before with other laptops, but I can't find the CMOS chip, nor do I know which pins to short on this model. The user manual dell provides doesn't have a diagram of the mobo. Can anyone help?

stevehutch 6Nov2009 21:09

I have a COMPAQ MINI 702EA which has a power on password set. You simply get a glimpse of the startup screen before it disapears and you are prompted for this password, I have tried the CMOS reset with no luck, I believe the password is on the EEPROM and I cant find any jumpers, dipswitches on the motherboard. A recovery tool would need to be on a USB stick. Can anyone suggest what to do before I throw this notebook on the scrap pile!!! Thanks

manasranjandash 9Nov2009 22:15

hi............
it's noce forum
thank u.....................

shown 6Dec2009 21:19

hey easy way and secret way to solve problem if u see the password screen has a blinking cursor like "_" the simple way of cracking is type "?" question mark key press shift key and then "/" button near down "enter" key many times like "????????????????????" it will show 8----k 8------ now it will start windows:D hope it works

Oliviajohn 16Dec2009 18:25

RECOVERY IF YOU CAN BOOT THE SYSTEM
If you can boot the system, BIOS password recovery is usually easy. The first thing you will want to do is to use a BIOS password cracker to recover the actual password. There are a large number of BIOS password crackers available from a variety of sources. Some BIOS crackers only work with certain BIOS versions and some work better than others. You may have to try a number of crackers before you find one that works.

Some BIOSí have pre-installed backdoor passwords that enable access to the system if you have lost or forgotten your password. Attempting to regain access to the computer by using one of the following backdoor passwords should be your first step if you have lost or forgotten your BIOS password and cannot boot your computer. If you are able to regain access to your system by using a backdoor password, you can then use a password cracker to reveal the stored password or enter the BIOS setup to change the password. These backdoors are more likely to work on older desktop systems. We are not aware of any name brand laptops or notebooks that have backdoor BIOS passwords.

At boot-up note the BIOS provider (Award, AMI, Phoenix, IBM, etc.)

For Award BIOSí try these backdoor passwords:
AWARD_SW
j262
HLT
SER
SKY_FOX
BIOSTAR
ALFAROME
Lkwpeter
j256
AWARD?SW
LKWPETER
syxz
ALLy
awkward
CONCAT
d8on
CONDO
j64
szyx

For AMI BIOSí try these backdoor passwords:

AMI
BIOS
PASSWORD
HEWITT RAND
AMI?SW
AMI_SW
LKWPETER
A.M.I.
CONDO

For PHOENIX BIOSí try this backdoor password:

phoenix

manasranjandash 22Dec2009 16:14

Hello noce forum

ibror2002 31Mar2010 14:16

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
i got a laptop "lenovo S10" from school, the problem is that i can't access BIOS coz its locked AND i can't access Administrator coz it's locked as well and they made an account for me that doesn't have previllage to open/install/uninstall programs, only some programs i can open like office, media player, softwares that doesn't need Administrator previlage, the worst thing is that it doesn't have a CD ROM.
i'm f***en confused and don't know wht to do its like being in JAIL doesn't have permission to do almost anything
pls somebody HELP :(((((((((

ashish0121 20Apr2010 18:33

hi!!!!!!!!!!!! you can do it, first u can disconnect your CPU from power supply and open your CPU, and search battery in main board, put out from main board your battery.and again set there battery. here is reset your SYSTEM,And you can crack your BIOS Password

unni krishnan.r 4Jun2010 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoavna (Post 4929)
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have Dell inspiron 6000 and i forgot my bios password please help me i can't use my computer and i and all my data!??!?!?!?!?

thank you

An eazy way is to take the bios battery and put it once more

The_ParamoreFan 4Jun2010 06:23

hi. i have a lenovo s10e from school. if been trying to unlock it for ages, ive tryed almost everything. If there is a way to unlock the bios password can someone please tell me!!! i need a way that doesnt invovle taking the back cover off cause if i take it off it locks the system compleatly. someone please help me!!!

asderafeda 31Jul2010 08:07

hello admin, help me plzz... i use aspire 4920 n the bios is Pheonix, i Have problem with when i type debug n press enter, cmd shows some noob problem..help. This is the screen shot -->file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/ChromphobiA/Desktop/HAIYAAA.bmp

arjunbasnet 31Jul2010 09:44

when i enter the correct bios password it display password incorrect i will try 3 times system is lock.so, i want to remove bios password.please help me how to remove bios pasword?

macullum 9Aug2010 12:52

go expert

when i enter the correct bios password it display password incorrect i will try 3 times system is lock.so, i want to remove bios password.please help me how to remove bios pasword? __________________________________________________ _________________

raantint 16Aug2010 16:21

hi...

Is this possible to crack the bios password..how it's work...???

raanfreelance 20Aug2010 18:16

hi....

Bios password crack is there easy to break...??? meet again.

:surprised

ANUJ KUMAR 14Sep2010 01:56

I have more hacking tool to use.

If u want ask 2 me

williams akeem 6Oct2010 19:31

helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp is this infrom is about laptop, bcs d one i need is 4 laptop

resetmybios 3Dec2010 01:38

If anyone needs help resetting the BIOS password shoot me an email with the code you get when you enter the wrong BIOS password in 3 times. With that code I can generate a master password that is not the same as the ones you find on the net.

lrservicios 24Jan2011 04:29

You cant reset the bios password Of the Toshiba laptop just by removing cmos battery you need to reset the contents of the flash eeprom that stores several values like the password, serial number, MAC adress, OEM numbers.

mdrech 4Mar2011 01:07

Dell Inspiron 1100 purchased at flea market has both BIOS and hard drive passwords setup

Service tag is CHD1531; error after 3 tries 01106

yb7037 20Mar2011 15:28

Thanks Mr. Vishal sharma That was very interesting post.. It helped me :)

Prodigy 26Mar2011 14:47

Nice tutorial really useful

The Major 19May2011 01:57

I have an Award Modular:BIOS v6.00PG, i forgot my password but i do not want to remove the CMOS battery, any other way? :/

doomervz 29May2011 19:13

I hve prob with my bios pasword. How do i recover it? Acer aspire 4520. The bios serial is 02891. Please
help me.

albinoes wowking 7Aug2011 23:04

I HAVE AN ACER NOTE BOOK IV RECENTLY BOUGHT AND THE BIOS PASSWORD IS LOCKED HOW CAN I GET IT OFF I CANT DO ANYTHING TILL ITS GONE IV BIN UP FOR NEARLY 2 DAYS LOOKING BUT CANT AFFORD TO GIVE UP :confused:

Brentatechnologies 21Nov2011 08:22

Hey there,
after reading this article it gave me a few ideas, but I hve been given permission to prove my IT Teacher wrong
We have been given DER Laptops from the government and they have blocked everything
What I want to know is
It's a Lenovo Thinkpad 8"
What is the way of restarting the CMOS to change a few of the passwords

Lincoln Kush 14Jan2012 01:45

Re: Inspiron B130 Basic BIOS password crack

Need to get pass BIOS - White screen/Password authentication.
have a Inspiron B130 - ending service tag 595B, took it apart can only find a BroadComm chip and a Maxim Chip which is located right next to the CMOS batt.
I have taken out the CMOS battery overnight, NO AVAIL
I have taken out hard drive, Battery and other accesories, NO AVAIL
Please help get passed this, Do not want to pay someone $20 for a code they may REAP profits from.

Ive tried locating jumpers - NO AVAIL

the comp starts loading, then gives an error message, then goes to BIOS white screen for password.
ANY IDEAS PLEASE help....
Thanx fellow IT's!

Lincoln Kush 14Jan2012 01:48

Oh and I cannot boot to any other DOS, or load a cd to boot , this process overrides any type of Advanced start up options.
Turned on- Error message- white screen for BIOS password..

ARGGHHHH

malloc 29Jun2012 19:36

Hello
Please help me please i need help fast

BIOS password on my laptop and my password I do not know Tapm

Service tags: 6PDN2N1

Laptop Model: Dell inspiron N5010 Bios A15

please fast please I need A master Password

My Email Address : Mostafa.esmaily2012@gmail.com

topcat11366 9Jul2012 21:10

i have a dell inspiron 1545 i got the bios password done but i need the harddrive password in bios..
service tag 6K524N1-595B the suffix in bios said 595B but to crack the bios i ended getting it using D35B
harddrive #14278514941 i used the generator and so far nothing on its password
i just tried these and they didnt work 1w5hhv2q a8jiz3rc

can someone give me the hd password please ..