Go4Expert

Go4Expert (http://www.go4expert.com/)
-   Ethical hacking Tips (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/ethical-hacking-tutorials/)
-   -   Basic BIOS password crack (http://www.go4expert.com/articles/basic-bios-password-crack-t114/)

Darren71 13Aug2009 03:50

Re: Basic BIOS password crack

Anyone have an Idea how to get pass a bios password for an ASUS M51sn
I have tried all the passwords on the first page, pulled the laptop apart and not found a cmos battery to remove, bought a program to reset cmos - which reset the cmos clock and maybe the default settings but didn't clear the password .. any help appericiated

naimish 13Aug2009 08:32

Simple thing I remember is get out BIOS battery, through it on land, again put it back, it will works :D

Darren71 13Aug2009 11:49

I have pulled the laptop apart (as much as i could) looking for a battery but couldn't find one, i believe it maybe a soldered unit on the motherboard

!Newbie! 13Aug2009 18:10

have you tried looking at jumper configuration for CMOS, else removing the battery and keeping it away for some time would actually reset the CMOS to factory settings and erase BIOS settings.

Darren71 14Aug2009 14:12

Yeah I've tried to find a jumper set on it.. I will leave the battery out for a week and see how it goes, Took it back to the store they don't want to know about it .. told them I paid $2200 for a laptop with a password stopping me from changing setting i need to change.. they called ASUS and all they say is yeah we can reset it but its gonna cost you $100 plus frieght to send it interstate for a password they left/set on it.. getting very frustrated with it all :beadyeyes

dunnthat 2Sep2009 20:51

I have a dell inspiron 9300 which I got in trade for some work I did for someone. How he got it I have no idea. when I turn it on it asks for the bios password. Is there a backdoor password that can be used?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SaswatPadhi 3Sep2009 19:00

@dunnthat :
Each Dell Inspiron has a master password which will clear the BIOS password. You can get this number by calling Dell Technical Support at (800)624-9896.

Dell Technical Support will request the Service Tag and Express Service Code from the bottom of your Inspiron.

If you were not the original owner of the Inspiron, Dell will transfer registration of the used Inspiron from the original owner with only the Service Tag and Express Service Code from the tag on the laptop.

alidabiri 4Sep2009 19:58

hi,
i have a dell inspiron 1000 with a bios password that shows up when you turn it on. can somebody help me remove this password, please?
thanks.

CrackMe 12Sep2009 22:16

You should try all the universal bios passwords available for your BIOS manufacturer. If that doesn't help, flash the BIOS and see if it helps.

peixinho 18Sep2009 13:04

hi all

i have this problem !!

MY FRIEND HAS A NOTEBBOK PRESARIO COMPAQ 2516EA AND WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 1 I TRIED TO INSTALL A NEW SO SERVICE PACK 2 AND WANTED TO DELETE ALL THE BEFORE ON THE DISK HAVING ONLY 40 GB AVAIABLE .... SO I GET THIS MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO BOOT ... pxe-e61:media test failure check cable .. ??

I TRY TO GO TO BIOS AND SEE IF HARD DISCK WAS FINDED AND ASKING ME FOR A PASSWORD ASKED MY FRIEND SHE DISN'T INSERT ANY PASSWORD OR DOESN'T REMEMBER YOU KNOW WOMEN HEHEHE AND SO I CAN CONFIGURE THE BIOS OR ENTER BELIEVE ME I ALREADY TRIED ALL BACK DOORS PASSWORD , BUT STILL I CAN'T GET IN IS THERE A PROGRAM THAT I CAN RUN RESETING THE PASSWORD OF BIOS AND TRY TO RECONFIGURE THE NOTEBOOK ??

NOTE THAT I ALREADY TAKE OUT THE BATTERY OF BIOS LEFT FOR ONE NIGHT WITH OUT NO HARDWARE CONECTED HDD, BATTERY, ETC

I DON'T KNOW WHAT MORE TO DO !!
PLEASE IF SOMEONE KNOWS A PROGRAM TO RUN ON A USB I APRECIATE THE HELP !!

BEST REGARDS

ARTUR PEIXINHO

arturpeixinho@hotmail.it