shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
To allow any file to be downloaded you need to send the file into the header. Refer to http://www.go4expert.com/showthread.php?p=4352#post4352 for allowing the download for a file.
kalees's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2006
Go4Expert Member
hi Shabbir,
Thanks for the reply.

Can we allow download a word doc from server to client system using the VBA?

Thanks,
Kalees
Go4Expert Founder
Probably not but I am not sure. It has to be a server side language to initiate the download.
Go4Expert Member
Hi Shabbir,
Thanks for the reply.

can we open a word document in the browser using vba?
like this,
Set Docobject=wordobject.documents.add(strTemplate)

Docobject.Activewindow...............

please advice me.

Thanks,
Kalees
Go4Expert Founder
Why not try and see as I dont have the setup and so I am not able to tell you for sure.
Go4Expert Member
thanks
splendorsaran's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2007
Newbie Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalees
Hi Shabbir,

Thanks for the reply.

how to allow download of a word document from server automatically?
consider this situation,

one user use my application and fill up some information over the form and he want to take copy of it. here we reteirve all the values from the form and replaces with these values over the word template already we have on the server. Finally we allow to download as word document.

do you understand the requirement?

Thanks,
Kalees
hi shabbir

I need one help in asp and pkease help me out here.

I want to find the word as a password protected file or not using asp.

this function i need to uploading a file to the server if it is going to be an password protected file means it shouldn't get upload to the server .

Thanks
Muthu
Saravananmail@gmail.com
Go4Expert Founder
splendorsaran, instead of jumping into an old thread with your query try putting it as a fresh thread for us to see. Also try reading Before you make a query thread.
urstop's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2007
Contributor
I am trying to use word automation to generate word document with the results from the client side javascript. So is there any work around to disable the Active X warnign I get on the page?

My requirement is say , I have my page of search results at Appartment for Rent in Hyderabad. I would like to have the option of user saving those results in the word document by clicking on the button. I know that this can be done from the server side and sending back the doc, but wondering to see if I can do it frmo the client side as all the data is already available on the client side

Last edited by shabbir; 17Oct2007 at 16:21.. Reason: Link Dropped
Go4Expert Founder
urstop, Don't jump into any thread with the so called post that links to your site.